It's official-no long haul for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official-no long haul for me.

Due to lack of funding, unless I win the lottery, I will not be able to long haul. I will make Madison for certain and am working to come up with the cash for Rochester, but that will be it for me. Damn I need to find a job so I can do this right next year. See ya all on the road. Please make sure to offer up pics daily so I can see what I am missing. Now to get the Elco road ready. Still got a couple oil leaks to fix.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Re: It's official-no long haul for me.

OK, put the bad vibes behind you and plan to make Madison and Rochester really ROCK !!

See you there!

;)

Comment

Man, that sucks. Hope that you can make a few stops this year.
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jim.
        I am beginning to wonder if we are going to make it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s
          Man, that sucks. Hope that you can make a few stops this year.
          Madison is a guarenteed stop since I paid for that room in October. Should be able to come up with the cash to hit Rochester.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
            Sorry to hear that Jim.
            ???
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
              Originally posted by cstmwgn
              Sorry to hear that Jim.
              ???
              Very little progress on the wagon.

The truck gets the same bad mileage that the wagon does (~9.5mpg) and isn't as much fun to drive (no tunes, no A/C, old bench seat, less power). I am currently driving it ~100 miles a day so the thought of taking a vacation in it where I drive ~4,000 miles in 12 days doesn't excite me that much. I am sure it needs some work but it is the only running vehicle I own right now so it is hard to take it off the road to work on it.

I am beginning to wonder if it is really worth 8 vacation days, $1,600 in gas, $1,000 in hotels and who knows how much in food and drink.

Just beginning to get bummed out :'( :'( but we shouldn't highjack Jim's' thread.

Comment

Sorry to hear you won't make it Jimmy. :-\

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Man Jim, I wish you well and hope you can make some of the tour. Hope you find the job you like and all goes well in the future. ;)
                  It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Sorry you can't make the entire trip. I had to cancel the entire PT because I lost my job as well. I have worked for 35 years straight without being laid off, and now at almost 50 years old, I am searching for a job. IT REALLY SUCKS! >

Comment

:-\ Sorry to hear this Jim!! You are always welcome to tour with us to Madison from Wautoma. We decided not to long haul as well but are doing something else. Maybe MN as well. If not you are welcome to come along!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1967rsss
                        Sorry you can't make the entire trip. I had to cancel the entire PT because I lost my job as well. I have worked for 35 years straight without being laid off, and now at almost 50 years old, I am searching for a job. IT REALLY SUCKS! >
                        Sorry to hear of your misfortune, good luck finding another job. We'll see you on the road another time!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by cubby
                          :-\ Sorry to hear this Jim!! You are always welcome to tour with us to Madison from Wautoma. We decided not to long haul as well but are doing something else. Maybe MN as well. If not you are welcome to come along!!!!
                          Tim, thanks for the offer. At this point, I am trying to get the cash to make Rochester and maybe Ames, but Madison is a definite as I paid for that room back in October. I have your # and will call if only doing Madtown.

Comment

I'm not long hauling either. Work's dropped off a bit for me, the car is down and I gotta watch the pennies for a while.

However, I'll be in Madison (barring some unforeseen calamity) with MIKEE and a few others to see the rest of you roll into town. Got my 'business cards' all designed and test printed and I'll be passing 'em out at the festivities.

Comment

That's too bad. Hope to see you in Madison or Rochester.
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                              X