No announcement yet.

Interstate queens 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess im in the minority cause depending on what i wanna do i may run the interstate to get somewhere on the way to the venue. for instance on the way to miami i ran the highway to carthage then split off and jumped on rt66 in mo .met up with 55lincoln and cruised rt 66. i also got to take some neat pics with the original tow tater and then hit the baxter springs info center which is a restored gas station then i forget the name of the famous rt 66 bridge (have to check the pics).then the post office to send my daughter a psotcard ,lunch with 55 lincoln at the cafe on rt66 ,then onto the venue, stamped my ticket got my magnets and split. went to darryl starbird's rod and custom museum(just missed him his wife told me said if i called the next day he would come in early so i could meet him )but i wanted more of rt 66 and breakfast at clanton's with the gang. then it was more rt 66 including another restored station and a few neat pics at what i think is called an old time abandonded shotgun motel. i forget the name of the diner on rt66 but i got the pics to post once i get a chance and then to drive on the original 9' wide section of the original rt 66 which still exists .only crummy thing was i booked my room late and had to stay in joplin. yeah sometimes i run the highway

Comment

hey it's a vacation so do what makes you happy right? I personally love driving the route. When I was little, my parents used to take us kids camping and we would drive the two lane roads (yes this was just after dinosaur's became extinct), and I would daydream of driving a cool car when I got older. Now I am truly living the dream!
      Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!

Comment

I like following the route and driving the back roads, but that's just me. Bottom line, do what you want to, it's power tour, there is no wrong way to do it as long as you have fun.
        Cleve
        Cape May, NJ
        2006LH 2007LH 2012LH
        There's no such thing as "Too much Power", only too little traction.

Comment

Originally posted by 59brook View Post
          guess im in the minority cause depending on what i wanna do i may run the interstate to get somewhere on the way to the venue. for instance on the way to miami i ran the highway to carthage then split off and jumped on rt66 in mo .met up with 55lincoln and cruised rt 66. i also got to take some neat pics with the original tow tater and then hit the baxter springs info center which is a restored gas station then i forget the name of the famous rt 66 bridge (have to check the pics).then the post office to send my daughter a psotcard ,lunch with 55 lincoln at the cafe on rt66 ,then onto the venue, stamped my ticket got my magnets and split. went to darryl starbird's rod and custom museum(just missed him his wife told me said if i called the next day he would come in early so i could meet him )but i wanted more of rt 66 and breakfast at clanton's with the gang. then it was more rt 66 including another restored station and a few neat pics at what i think is called an old time abandonded shotgun motel. i forget the name of the diner on rt66 but i got the pics to post once i get a chance and then to drive on the original 9' wide section of the original rt 66 which still exists .only crummy thing was i booked my room late and had to stay in joplin. yeah sometimes i run the highway
          The name of the bridge is Rainbow Bridge. I'm from Baxter Springs.
          Lucas
          2011 Mustang GT
          2013 Focus ST
          2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

sorry razorback no disrespect meant to your hometown or the icon. i still haven't finished unpacking and getting my pics and brochures from what i did organized but it was very cool meeting 55 lincoln and cruising rt 66 thru your hometown. tried to do my part and spent plenty of money on souvinears . hope that helps lol

Comment

I was trying to visual on what a "Interstate Queen" would look like

I Googled "Interstate Queens HRPT"

and came up with this picture ?

Last edited by Vsolo; June 14, 2012, 08:58 PM.
              So. Central PA
              Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

What the hell I'm suing google!
                Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                  What the hell I'm suing google!
                  here's the link I used (I forgot it before)Interstate Queens HRPT
                  Last edited by Vsolo; June 14, 2012, 09:17 PM.
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by 59brook View Post
                    sorry razorback no disrespect meant to your hometown or the icon. i still haven't finished unpacking and getting my pics and brochures from what i did organized but it was very cool meeting 55 lincoln and cruising rt 66 thru your hometown. tried to do my part and spent plenty of money on souvinears . hope that helps lol
                    None taken at all. Just helping with the name of the bridge. ;) Most books and movies leave out the fact that RT66 goes through Kansas. Having grown up basically on it, it's nice to hear when someone takes the time to see it and post about it. If you're ever that way again, Baxter has a REALLY nice museum.
                    Lucas
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    2013 Focus ST
                    2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post

(sorry James)
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Funny!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

This needs to go on the "You can't make this sh%t up" thread. Pretty funny, I needed a good laugh!
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

55lincoln was wearing a cool shirt from there at the Clantons breakfast.
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post

I saw it on the internet...Therefore it must be true haha
                              FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                              X