• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstate queens 2012

How many interstate queens this year

alot

define the term

Comment

Participants that run from venue to venue on the interstate highway network ignoring the posted Power Tour route day after day.

Yesterday we saw at least a couple of hundred cars on I-35 as we passed over or under it on the route.
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

I was one after Lanes
        couldn't keep up with Allan & missed the turn off so I ran interstate to my hotel
        the Bus flew by me & I was doing 70
        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
        2012 Northeast Rod Run
        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Saw a lot of them as well. Explains how cars we pass along the way are already parked several rows in front of us at venues. Imo, the 65mph 2 lane roads and twisties were the highlight of the route and more fun than sitting in a hot parking lot.
          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

We only skipped the route twice. After the cluster**** that was getting to Muskegon we decided it was better to skip the long ones. We drove highway to Champaign and Miami. Followed the route the rest of the time.
            Lucas
            2011 Mustang GT
            2013 Focus ST
            2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Interstate queen here. I only followed the route one day.

Didn't realize someone would be critiquing my choice of routes...but I suspect if I didn't, someone would start a thread called, "Who was the @sshole in the Vette passing everyone on the two lane roads?"
              2012 HRPT Long Hauler / Interstate Queen

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                ...and more fun than sitting in a hot parking lot.
                Zero time spent sitting in a folding chair, too...either by the car or at the main stage.
                2012 HRPT Long Hauler / Interstate Queen

Comment

We did the turn by turn each day enjoying every minute of it. It was a pleasure meeting all the Bang Shifters along the route and from City to City.

Sorry I didn't get to know any of the other Long Haulers who bypassed the route.

The HRPT means something different to each person. For me the most important is the friends I meet, the country side, and waving back at all the small town families watching the caravan.

I can drive the freeways any weekend and attend a car show.
                  [size=+1]Chuck
                  2011 HRPT Long Hauler
                  2012 HRPT Long Hauler
                  2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Comment

I agree with everything Chuck said.
                    Donna
                    Williamston, MI
                    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

My one day this year to run the route was fun, from Stillwater to Arlington, the route was good on the two lanes, it was more stressful later on the highway getting through the construction in So. Oklahoma and the Dallas traffic sucked....
                      Dannie
                      2010 Camaro SS
                      Long Haul 2010/2011
                      Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

We always drive the route, and also agree with Chuck.
                        BTW Boob, we passed you while you were eating in the mom and pop restaurant just before the right-hand turn, I think in Winnewood, OK...........lol. First time we ever passed you in 5 years of Long Hauls........
                        Did anyone else get caught by that train, twice in two different towns??
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          We always drive the route, and also agree with Chuck.
                          BTW Boob, we passed you while you were eating in the mom and pop restaurant just before the right-hand turn, I think in Winnewood, OK...........lol. First time we ever passed you in 5 years of Long Hauls........
                          Did anyone else get caught by that train, twice in two different towns??
                          have a confession to make (didn't want to say over breakfast).......I emailed the train engineer, asked him to drive his train so that he would block the road, just when Earl (he really doesn't know Earl) was approaching the train tracks......hah!

Comment

The planned route is the only way to go to enjoy the people. If you run the interstate exclusively, the only person you are hurting is yourself. We always have so much fun with the BS'rs on the tour. We have deviated from the route in the past to see something different but have never cut the route to be the first in line at the venue. It doesn't get you anything. In fact you would be surprised at what you missed along the route.
                            Jim & Maureen
                            There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                            HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

For the first time ever I had to take the interstate to catch up. In Stillwater we slept in for once only to awaken and discover some idiot locked our keys in the car. Had to play catch up as it was after 11 by the time we hit the road.
                              Last edited by moparjim71; June 9, 2012, 09:06 PM.
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                              X