Are You at Home and Safe Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You at Home and Safe Yet?

We made it in at 9 PM this evening. Norb was having an issue with his carb so we blew off our side trip to Arkansas and headed straight to the barn. Had a great lunch at Angels Diner in McAlester, OK with Ed, Mary and Phil. Total of 3,240 miles travelled this tour. Can't wait for next year.
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

So far so good. Made it to MO so far.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Home and safe. We rolled in at 6:01 pm, 10 minutes ahead of when the GPS said we would get there. 3 stops, 1100.1 miles, 24 hours and 56 seconds in the car, and averaged 23mpg.

Comment

Made it as far as Sis's house in St.Louis...was a great tour...waiting impatiently to see our extemded family again!! We'll have Breakfast and head for the tall corn state in the AM...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'm home safe & sound..... Oh wait, I didn't go no where.... Ha!!
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

broke down 35 miles outside of dallas. Had to rent a uhaul truck and trailer to get home. SHOULD be home late tonight. The uhaul isnt quite as fast lol

Comment

stayed in Lafayette La last night New Orleans today then home Monday or Tuesday
              Last edited by 55lincoln; June 10, 2012, 04:36 AM.
              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Home at 9 pm last night. Unpacking then maybe try to find the mysterious noise in the plan a vehicle.
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Maid it 50 miles outside of nashville last night hopefully be home tonight by 8 o'clock

Comment

home last night by about 9 pm; flew back, car went onto an enclosed car hauler with 5 other cars from the Chicago area....home sweet home....but, what a blast this tour was....great times, and an even better group of folks......Motown to Mootown.....a laugh fest all the way....
                    Last edited by rexdogg; June 10, 2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear you all had fun and made it home safely.
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

made it home a 12:30 am. drove pretty much straight thru from texas. stoping for fuel and food only. made it in just over 13 hrs. looonnnggg day in the car. car did great. will post stats from trip later. picking up the kids at grandmas now.

Comment

We took in some Route 66 stuff, Pop's and Round Barn, headed north on US 75, got some sleep in Burlington, KS and landed home about 2PM today. Fun trip with fun people, can't wait to do it again next year!! 3880 miles, does that mean I should change the oil twice??
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Got home about 2 hours ago. 4,300ish miles total. My Dad and I had a blast, we met tons of people (no idea if I met any bangshifters but I recognized cars) and didnt have any major problems with the car.
                            Looking forward to long hauling again next year!
                            Matt
                            1969 Firebird Convertible
                            1971 Buick Skylark
                            2004 Ford Cobra Mustang

Comment

Made it home a little after noon today. We left Dallas around 9am and could'nt pull off the 787 miles back to Atlanta so we spent the night in Meridian, MS. 2664 total miles traveled from Atlanta to Champaign then took the tour to Arlington. 103.7 gallons of gas purchased but I did'nt keep track of all the smiles, waves and horn honks we gave out to our fellow power tourers and to all the great people in the small towns that came out to cheer us on.
                              Visit my sons blog:
                              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X