Clear All

• 59brook
    replied
    made it home about 8 last night .it was good to be home

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
    Sent you an email about oil for the remainder of the trip and things i checked out.....

Yea i think i threw that thermostat in there last year when i didn't have a temp guage to make sure that i was running extra cool..

The leaning we will work out...I think part of it was also that i was the only one in the car that day...woke up this morning and it had settled back a little to level still about noticible but not as bad...guess i got to lose some weight before next PT so i don't break a spring.
    Scott, if the car leans simply from you getting in it..... Replace the springs!!! They are bad. Either that, or get a new car. My point is, your car shouldn't lean from you simply getting in it. Something is wrong....

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    Resting 56 in NO
    will try to get to Nashville tomarrow
    56 is running Fine
    Bob
    Bob, hit me up when you come through the Priceville/Decatur/Huntsville area. Bucky's emergency roadside service and cafe is open.... Ha Ha Ha!! I'm just thankful that I could help and be there for one of our fellow BS Family Members!!!

Leave a comment:

• GTPilot88
    replied
    Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
    That is the same t-stat that was in the car before the valve job. Just confirmed it with Travis. As for the lean, its the spring..its weak. I corrected the sag, but the weak spring might need to be replaced. call me ....

Sent you an email about oil for the remainder of the trip and things i checked out.....

Yea i think i threw that thermostat in there last year when i didn't have a temp guage to make sure that i was running extra cool..

The leaning we will work out...I think part of it was also that i was the only one in the car that day...woke up this morning and it had settled back a little to level still about noticible but not as bad...guess i got to lose some weight before next PT so i don't break a spring.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    Resting 56 in NO
    56 is running Fine
    Bob
    Have one for me Bob.
    Next year we all get shirts that say - I'm with Boob. Find Boob for a prize.

Leave a comment:

• Impala_Guy
    replied
    Made it home to Raleigh, NC at about 4:30 this afternoon. That included a side trip to the Tail of the Dragon and US 64, (wild speculation to follow) possibly a preview of part of the route between Chatanooga and Charlotte. I love my old Chevy, but I think we need a little time apart.

Leave a comment:

• RAIV70Judge
    replied
    Made it to Qunicy, IL to drop off Chad by 915 Saturday night (11hr and 15 min) ... left there at 9:30 this morning and was home by 3:00

No problems on the road think i figured why i was running rich, Wrong temp on the thermo.... now need to look at the suspension and figure out why the left side of the car is over 1 inch lower than the right......was a ruff ride...maybe spring or sturt going...Dont know if it is front or rear but assume rear it seems to lean more in the back.

That is the same t-stat that was in the car before the valve job. Just confirmed it with Travis. As for the lean, its the spring..its weak. I corrected the sag, but the weak spring might need to be replaced. call me ....

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    Resting 56 in NO
    56 is running Fine
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    Just pulled in @ 8:30 pm Monday..... Great trip.... already planing next year....... Great seeing all you Guy's and Gal's again......

Leave a comment:

• 55Chevy
    replied
    Linda,

Hope y'all had a good trip. I didn't get to run into y'all this time around, but we had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Leave a comment:

• 1cheapstreet
    replied
    We got home at 6 Sunday night, did 2 big loads of laundry and went to bed. Back at work today and could really use a nap. Leaving at 3:30 to pick up the puppy from the kennel. Long haul #5 and ready to go next year!

Linda

Leave a comment:

• RazorbackMustang
    replied
    We made it home about 6:00 pm Saturday evening. 3250 miles total for the whole trip and worth every single one! We're already making plans for next year!

Leave a comment:

• djinva
    replied
    We got home about 4:30 yesterday (sunday evening) stopped around Nashville and got a few hours of sleep. A 51 yr old car that we just got in January and finished on Thursday evening and left Friday at 5 am. Just a few little problems. Great trip can't wait till next year. My second long haul and I am hooked.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Made it to Qunicy, IL to drop off Chad by 915 Saturday night (11hr and 15 min) ... left there at 9:30 this morning and was home by 3:00

No problems on the road think i figured why i was running rich, Wrong temp on the thermo.... now need to look at the suspension and figure out why the left side of the car is over 1 inch lower than the right......was a ruff ride...maybe spring or sturt going...Dont know if it is front or rear but assume rear it seems to lean more in the back.
    Scott, I would lean more towards a spring. Contrary to popular believe, shocks and struts have no effect whatsoever when it comes to your ride height. They give you the comfort; however, anytime you lower a vehicle and/or put a sport suspension underneath it, the car will always ride stiff. That's what it's designed to do.

When's the last time you changed the shocks/struts and springs? Most shocks are only good for 50,000 miles, all though most people don't ever replace them.....

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Made it home tonight @ 11 pm drove straight from Dallas. 3716 miles and a heck of a good time!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X