Texas can SUCK IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas can SUCK IT!

Hate Texas right about now!! It started with the horrible rush hour traffic on the way to the venue, and ended with my car randomly shutting off on 30 east about 35 miles outside of dallas this morning. Threw some parts at it and couldn't get it going. Have to get home, so I was forced to rent a damn uhaul and trailer to truck it home. The uhaul bill is monstrous but I guess its part of the "fun"....????

Other than today, the power tour was amazing though

That does suck. What a terrible sight to see your car on a trailer. I followed you for a bit on the Stillwater to Arlington leg, your car is badass by the way.
    I35 was a nightmare going there and coming home. We spent an hour and a half today creeping along for 10 miles. Apparently somebody ran off the road but by the time we got to the scene everything was cleaned up. All we saw was a firetruck, couple of cop cars, and some skidmarks.

Comment

I completely understand your frustration; however, I have to ask, why is that the State of Texas's fault?!!? I guess by your logic, every state that I've driven through, that has had traffic issues can suck it?!!?

Sorry for your bad luck, but blaming it on Texas isn't going to solve anything.....
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

I guess you wouldnt get it if you have a dry sense of humor. OF COURSE its not the state of Texas fault...thats just silly and irrational, but it seemed like the right thing at the time to say. Does that make more sense?

Comment

thanks for posting before me.
          I wasn't born in TEXAS but I got here as fast as I could(1975).
          Last edited by 173rdherd; June 10, 2012, 05:20 AM.
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Hey Mike (173rdherd) hope you got home safely. It was great to meet you at the breakfast at Clanton's the other morning. racer001 the Tour can be trying at times but it's worth every moment. Hope you got home safely as well and repairs can be made quickly.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

borders on fighting words down here - lol - but I got your joke. Sorry to see the car on a stretcher.

location of birth - Texas City, Texas. I guess I'm a native... did you figure out what went wrong?
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by racer001 View Post
                I guess you wouldnt get it if you have a dry sense of humor. OF COURSE its not the state of Texas fault...thats just silly and irrational, but it seemed like the right thing at the time to say. Does that make more sense?
                I actually have a very good sense of humor..... Compared to your "dry" statement, mine would be considered extremely wet. However, your title was a bit childish and immature. Think about this for a minute..... You named your thread "Texas can suck it", in all caps nonetheless. Your title alone is offensive, which is why I commented on it. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that read it that way, I just happened to be the first one to say something.

Once again, I'm sorry for your bad luck. I've had my share of troubles in 2010 and in 2011, which almost everyone on here can attest to, but never once did I start a thread talking about someone's state can suck it. And yes, I have Texas Pride!!
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

I second the bad traffic but I expected it. A major metro area, Friday, it was bound to happen. I saw two other set ups like yours on the way home. Hot Rods on the back of u-hauls. I hate it for you. I saw you car at the venues. I always liked the formulas. I hope it is something easy and you get it back on the road.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

well, a 10 ft truck would have got ya better miles per gallon, but that 14 ft truck is more comfortable.

glad you were able to find some thing to get your ride home.
                    Charles

Comment

Sorry you broke down racer......I'd loved to help you but I wasnt there. .......For the record,..I love the lone star state...
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

uhaul insists on a weight formula of car pulled and size of truck they will rent you to pull it......they check your setup too if you drive your own truck and just rent the trailer. Luvin the Sovereign State of Texas.
                        Last edited by 173rdherd; June 10, 2012, 07:54 PM.
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I see your pain. I go alot been mad at ever state at some time.its ok everbody was mad at mobile a couple years ago.my home town.when the rain stops and its 100 again i will be mad at it...haha
                          Last edited by dana5; June 10, 2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Just got home an hour ago. That was THE longest drive ever. About $600 in fuel in that pig of a truck too!

I ran all the scenarios through my head too. Ship car back and fly home (noone will ship a non running car). Rent regular truck and flat uhaul trailer (none of the rental trucks have hitches) etc.

The shop was very nice at trying to get me going but once I realized they were throwing parts at it I decided to just get outta dodge. The first thing they said to me when the tow truck dropped us off was "we got broken into last night" so right out of the gate I did NOT want to stay there.

On a better note we had 2 other power tour couples offer help. One couple offered room, board, and a trailer for as long as we needed. Another local younger air force mechanic offered his services.

If it wasnt the weekend, and we could get parts by the next day I would have thought about it. But as it was, the fiancee and I ahd to get back home for work, plus we were just plain tired of traveling, so I bit the bullet and got the uhaul. I asked as nice as I could to get their cargo van to tow the trailer but the vans are "in town use only" how convenient.

Anyway, we're all home safe and sound, and thats what matters. I don't know if I'll do a long haul quite so far from home again though. I must be getting old lol

Oh and for those of you in this thread that saw the car and complimented it, I really appreciate it. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy, when I rather hate the car about now lol

Comment

Saw the car in Muskegon by the bus depot, love it
                              Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Working...
                              X