"Kool Stuff" on the way Home.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kool Stuff" on the way Home.......

Seems like we all find something unusual or cool while traveling home. We found the Hamburger Inn in Ardmore, OK. Great Burgers, neat diner and nice people......
    Attached Files
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Looks like a cool little dive. We stopped in Memphis on the way home. Had never been there before. Holy crap, that place is crazy. Random Saturday night with nothing exceptional going on and they close streets so you can walk around and drink beer. Gigantic cups of PBR were available every where you turned. Was quite the fun time. Oh, and BBQ... mmmmmmmmmmm... BBQ
    1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
    2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

WOW......another happy fan of the Big @ss Beer............just ask Buddy(Bigbuds1) about those.......lol..............
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

We had a great lunch stop.....

And a little 'Americana'...

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ed, that Happy Days hotel and pink Cadillac are in McAlester, Oklahoma. I've been by it many, MANY times !

Comment

Great pics. That hamburger looks pretty good.
            sigpic

Comment

didn't find any cool places to eat but i did stop at talladaega speedway, sloss blast furnace historical site this was a steel plant from the time of the civil war, closed down now and they have a small exhibit, but the gay pride fest going on really made my day. then i went to the barber motorcycle museum. even if you hate bikes this place is amazing from the presentation to the staff it is a must for any gear head. thewn it was onto the farm where jefferson davis(confederate president was caught here) to big daddy don garlits just to stretch my legs and buy a few things to support the museum

Comment

George, that hamburger inn looks alot like the one that used to be in Sioux Falls!

Linda

Comment

Keystone Dam on the Arkansas River
                  Attached Files
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

We saw a double rainbow on high 10 (sorry I-10). I wonder if it was visible at 100 mph . . . Allen?
                    Great sunset too. I'll see if I can get a pic posted.

Not much else as we started to go into Power Tour withdrawls !

Maybe we should have cruised thru Panama City?

Dreamin DTB
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                      Keystone Dam on the Arkansas River
                      Must be where they make the beer -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                        We saw a double rainbow on high 10 (sorry I-10). I wonder if it was visible at 100 mph . . . Allen?
                        Great sunset too. I'll see if I can get a pic posted.

Not much else as we started to go into Power Tour withdrawls !

Maybe we should have cruised thru Panama City?

Dreamin DTB
                        Dave, I did not see any rainbows (not really that kind of guy) as I jumped off on exit 2 in Mississippi to drive US 90 to Alabama. As it turned out it was not a good day for cruising the beach but what the heck - I wanted to check out the "Crusin the Coast" area just in case I get to partake in that event one day.

I tried to catch you guys again but was not successful. I ended up stopping just east of Tallahassee for the night.

Comment

Allen,
                          Next time stay in sopchoppy, hind site eh. We were treated to a big breakfast. Sure it was because of our guest.

What's wrong with rainbows, aren't they suppose to have pot at the end? Double rainbow, double . . .

If you decide to do Cruising the coast, call me for some tips. With one coastal road there is a LOT of sitting in traffic.

We waved back, but you were already a half a mile down the road.

Cool hangin with ya, when you slowed down, DTB
                          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Here are some photos of our adventure after we left the long haulers meeting. You can fill in the blanks.

Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              We had a great lunch stop.....

And a little 'Americana'...

I have driven through that McDonalds
                              Danny/Zachary
                              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X