Route 66 Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 66 Picture Thread

Many folks took time to explore Route 66 while on Power Tour. Share your pictures and stories here.....
    Attached Files
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

i'm calling the route police seems you veered off course lol neat pics
    we detoured into kansas and hit rt66 but this pic is from the original rt66 road still in miami it's only 9' wide
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 59brook; June 14, 2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Fantastic picture Jeff!!
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

What kind of bar doesn't open by 10:00 ? I wanted a red beer.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Best breakfast and company I had all trip -

Someone "tagged" Clanton's -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Not so Power Tour related, but a bunch of pics i took exploring Route 66 from Santa Fe to StL in 2009

In 2009 the lady in charge at the 4 ladies on the route joint in Kansas said that house across the street was supposed to be saved. You all saw it I'm sure and know how the progress is going on that :lol:
            2009:

2012:

My note on the original says it was once a brothel and was going to be restored into a Bed and Breakfast. Maybe they decided it is just too far gone?

Tow Tater also gained a hood since then?!?! And that hood looks to be of the same wear level and age of the truck.
            2009:

2012:

From my Power Tour album
            Carthage town square

We saw these remains of an overpass or something around Webb City-ish I think? It was coming into a town West of Carthage. The road they once supported looked like it would have ran right into wear buildings are now. Anyone know what it was?

Few more pics in the middle of this album but they are mixed in with the rest of our pics.
            Last edited by 4 cam torino; June 15, 2012, 06:54 AM.
            1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
            2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

It is too bad next year's route looks to be going East and not West. Some awesome stuff West. Could go from Arlington back up to OK and then West from there. Further West gets into some really sad but really cool to see as well abandoned stuff.

your car appears to have gotten more room than you did in that hotel! Place had it's priorities right!
              Some awesome restored stuff too

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10;651415Someone "tagged" Clanton's -
                [IMG
                http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww159/phils2009/2012%20Power%20Tour/PowerTour2012432.jpg[/IMG]
                can't imagine who that would have been
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by 4 cam torino View Post
                  We saw these remains of an overpass or something around Webb City-ish I think? It was coming into a town West of Carthage. The road they once supported looked like it would have ran right into wear buildings are now. Anyone know what it was?
                  We noticed the same thing. From what i can tell it actually used to be part of 66.... Right before you came to that point the road made a hard left and then a right and you went around the supports...and through a RR crossing. My guess is it used to be an overpass for 66 that went over the tracks and in the long run with the road not as used the didn't repair it when needed and just build the road with a track crossing...less money to maintain the crossing than the bridge... However i found this online

"WEBB CITY: You will soon cross over railroad tracks into Webb City. The cement structure on your right, near the tracks was a trestle support for the trolley car rails that connected these mining town in the early 1900's."
                  Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Good stuff guys, keep it going....

Comment

A few pics of the Rainbow Curve Bridge near Baxter Springs, Kansas.
                      While I can certainly understand the urge to lay rubber down in a unique place, it is also sad to me that a historical landmark sch as this be defaced.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                        "WEBB CITY: You will soon cross over railroad tracks into Webb City. The cement structure on your right, near the tracks was a trestle support for the trolley car rails that connected these mining town in the early 1900's."
                        Interesting. Good find.
                        Last edited by 4 cam torino; June 15, 2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

More random 66 Pic's
                          Attached Files

Comment

Had a great time running 66...

Comment

Pops on Route 66 near Arcadia, OK. We did pick up an assorted six pack for the trip home. Fun place to visit!!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X