• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PASSING 101 Never Never Seen Before

UNBELIEVEIABLE but TRUEE
    a couple in Their 80's
    fast sunbird
    go PONTAINICS

and I thought seeing Bigfoot was unusual......wow. Thanks for documenting this rare event Boob.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I didn't think anyone passed him
      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
      2012 Northeast Rod Run
      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

So there is a need for speed even at 80.
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Well you'all missed the big event - I must have been passed 10 times or more by a PRIUS and damn near everything else on the road while following a certain Oldsmobile to New Orelens!

Comment

What?? You actually followed them "all the way to New Orleans"? (a lyric from Bobby McGee) Earl passed that Olds this year, and Fred wasn't even driving!!

First time I ever saw their headlights on the highway.......
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 17, 2012, 02:59 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I must give Allen credit, his patience lasted much longer than I thought it would on the way to N.O. I think that after I was slaloming with in my lane out of board-um, he left us in the dust. When we finally caught up, he had lodging covered, some how he even knew where the alligator lady was staying... our Best Western,,,,,,,,,,,, coincident?,,, I don't think so. lol
              Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1 View Post
                I must give Allen credit, his patience lasted much longer than I thought it would on the way to N.O. I think that after I was slaloming with in my lane out of board-um, he left us in the dust. When we finally caught up, he had lodging covered, some how he even knew where the alligator lady was staying... our Best Western,,,,,,,,,,,, coincident?,,, I don't think so. lol
                Yeah, truth is that Allen is very patient when traveling with someone he can easily outrun......
                Tell us more about this 'alligator lady' Buddy.............
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I think I saw that certain drop top roaming around the parts of North Alabama...... And I can't believe that Allen was actually passed by a Sunbird nonetheless!!! First Allen get's passed, next thing you know, JR might win a race.... Bahahahaha!!!
                  sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                  - George Orwell

Comment

Holy Crap!
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Who's JR?.............oh yeah, I know.........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Who's JR?.............oh yeah, I know.........
                        You know Ed..... The most over-rated Driver in NASCAR history. Didn't you hear, he's gonna win the Championship this year..... Ha Ha Ha!!
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

Just Adam and I were cruisin home in the rain to Fla, about 70 mph in the 53 Kaiser Dragon on High 10 near Slidell, LA . . . when a big long black and silver blurrr went blowin by us like a tropical storm !

Must have been some "slow speed" pent up frustration being released ?

Just missed by Tropical Storm Allen, DTB
                          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                            Just Adam and I were cruisin home in the rain to Fla, about 70 mph in the 53 Kaiser Dragon on High 10 near Slidell, LA . . . when a big long black and silver blurrr went blowin by us like a tropical storm !

Must have been some "slow speed" pent up frustration being released ?

Just missed by Tropical Storm Allen, DTB
                            I waved to you'all as I slipped on by

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                              UNBELIEVEIABLE but TRUEE
                              a couple in Their 80's
                              fast sunbird
                              go PONTAINICS

to be honest, I remember seeing it (wherever we were)........if I didn't see it, I would not have believed it.....rexx

Comment

Working...
                              X