2013 Western Scenic Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 63 falcon View Post
    I think we should tour the whole state of Colorado ,just saying!!!!!
    We like Colorado, a lot!!
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Plan it, I'll have my Chevelle finished and ready!
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon View Post
        I think we should tour the whole state of Colorado ,just saying!!!!!
        That's interesting that you say that ....

I've been working with a bunch of gearheads around here and we are trying to plan a tour of Colorado ..... western slope, ouray, durango ..... the list goes on and on.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

This sounds like a possibility for our small Power Tour posse. I'll have to talk it over with them as we were considering doing New Mex., Colorado areas in September of '13... Keep us posted on some more details as a bunch of us would be coming from the east coast and will need to tack on 6-8 days of travel time to get there and then back.

Comment

Ok will do. Right now it is looking like September of 13. June was/is a possibility but again the heat and the crowds are always a factor and hotels are at a premium.
            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

This may become possible for us too, since I don't plan on going anywhere in January...........except to work.........
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Last year we did the black hills, devils tower, Custer, glacier NP, Waterton, and on the way home we went through teddy Roosevelt NP.. There is plenty to do along the way and beautiful scenery. Mid June was a great time to go...
                Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

I just got back from a 4 day run up through Zion and Bryce National Parks over the 4th of July. I have never seen the parks with so little crowds. I assume it was due to 4th of July being in the middle of the week but both parks were light on attendance. Roads were all in good shape! Great drive, 919 miles of corvette free driving!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                    I just got back from a 4 day run up through Zion and Bryce National Parks over the 4th of July. I have never seen the parks with so little crowds. I assume it was due to 4th of July being in the middle of the week but both parks were light on attendance. Roads were all in good shape! Great drive, 919 miles of corvette free driving!
                    A Utah park trip is in my future. I'd love to ATV or 4 wheel some of the backcountry though I don't think my family would dig it.. Beautiful country for sure..
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

A lap around the Grand Canyon would be nice. Start in Vegas go north into Utah across to the north rim to Powell Az back west thru the south rim, Hoover Dam and back to Vegas.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                        That's interesting that you say that ....

I've been working with a bunch of gearheads around here and we are trying to plan a tour of Colorado ..... western slope, ouray, durango ..... the list goes on and on.
                        that's something that I'd like to do keep me informed

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                          A lap around the Grand Canyon would be nice. Start in Vegas go north into Utah across to the north rim to Powell Az back west thru the south rim, Hoover Dam and back to Vegas.
                          What a GREAT trip this would be. Lake Powell is just georgous and the back roads are sooooo beautiful.. I'd do this run for sure..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I need commitments to set this up. We can start in vegas, through zion, bryce, powell, south rim and end in vegas. We can make this a 4 day run if that works for everyone. Maybe an october trip? Let me know if there is an interest!

Doug

Comment

PETE
                              2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Doug, I'm in for October, that's my birthday month.. And will I see you in Big Bear Aug 10-11th...I'll have Black with me this year..

I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X