Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 257A...

The day stayed on track today!
    Headed out early for Boulder Dam, and the new bridge was the first stop.

I was pleased to see that the bridge was named for a true American hero, Pat Tillman, as well as Mike O'Callaghan.

The Powerhouse Tour is very good, and educational as well. The magnitude of building Hoover dam, and the ingenious use of technology of the day is remarkable.

Lunch at In-N-Out went on schedule, and at 2:00, the Western Scenic Tour officially kicked off with a short meet and greet.

A tour of the Mob Museum followed at 3:00, with dinner at Roxy's about 5:00. Very good food, and good entertainment also.

The day finished up with a review of tomorrow's driving directions, a raffle, the beginnings of the poker run, and finished with a nice round of adult beverages........tomorrow we hit the road on the official route to Bryce Canyon.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Way Cool!! Thanks and I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds......
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• great pics keep them coming
        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
        2012 Northeast Rod Run
        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• Enjoying the pic's, wish I was there with you guys
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• [QUOTE=oletrux4evr;810171]
            The short saga continues:

I got a keen shot of Mary standing on a corner....

In, Ed. In Winslow, Arizona. But you got closer than I did last November when we went to Phoenix to get the frame for my '55. Unfortunately it was after dark when we passed Winslow. And then we we didn't go home through Tucson. So I still haven't been "from Tucson to Tucumcari". And to make matters even worse, we couldn't make "Amarillo by morning".
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• maybe Fred will give her a ride
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• [QUOTE=67 Malibu;810766]
                Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                The short saga continues:

I got a keen shot of Mary standing on a corner....

In, Ed. In Winslow, Arizona. But you got closer than I did last November when we went to Phoenix to get the frame for my '55. Unfortunately it was after dark when we passed Winslow. And then we we didn't go home through Tucson. So I still haven't been "from Tucson to Tucumcari". And to make matters even worse, we couldn't make "Amarillo by morning".
                We were inside the city limits of Winslow, but that sign was on an access road from the local truckstop that ran into town concurrently with Rt. 66. I guess they put it up for the people from K-State........
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 23, 2013, 04:36 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Slow internet here, and the photos didn't finish loading until after 11:00 last night. Here's a teaser though:

I'll double up the report this evening.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Nice!!
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Well, for the second night in a row, the internet connection here is s...l...o...w.........so, hopefully I can at least get yesterday up for ya.......I shot 165 pictures yesterday, and said I'd shoot less today, but I'm still loading today's photos, all 175 of them.

We left Las Vegas and headed up I-15 for about 1-1/2 hours for a fuel stop.......

Along the interstate, we passed a car-hauler with some Muslim-women's cars.....I know this to be true because they were wearing burkas:

Then it was upward and onward to Zion National Park. I cannot tell you how magnificent this part of our world is......gigantic sandstone and limestone
                      spires line the canyons, and even though I took tons of photos, nothing seen by the eye can be duplicated by a camera. Absolutely astounding, and I recommend you make it a bucket list stop.

Check out these hitches on the tour buses !!

We made the climb out of the canyon and passed through a 1-1/2 mile tunnel to find ourselves on the downhill run into Mount Carmel......again, the pictures can't do it justice. Ya gotta go there!

We arrived in Mount Carmel, and I'm not sure of the elevation, but we decided to eat before washing the cars.....after all, the sun was high and it was hot......to our amazement, it was dark and about 50 degrees when we left the restaurant. OK, we'll wash in the morning.......not. 27* to 33* meant no cleaning then......

More to follow, but since the 'net is so slow out here, I'll ask you to look at the photobucket album here:

More as I can get the photos to load.....later.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Very nice Ed. Thanks for taking us along
                        FKA Redragtop
                        (formerly known as)

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures Ed. I have never drove west of TX or WI. so the west side is on my bucket list. Looks like a great time please keep the pictures coming.

Comment

• Looked at your Photobucket folder. Great pictures. We are so disappointed that we had to cancel. Looks like a great ride.
                            Jim & Maureen
                            There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                            HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures, I too have not been southwest, the landscape is amazing!!

Comment

• great pics thanks for sharing
                                2012 Northeast Rod Run
                                2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...