X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Ed -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Great pic's, how many cars and people made out for this years Western Senic Tour?
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Well, I'm still trying to load Tuesdays' photos.......
        We started with: 2 Corvettes, 2 Camaros, 1 Earnhardt Monte Carlo, 1 Panose, 1 Rental Car, and 1 Mini-Cooper (that returned as a Corvette.) So......the Mini-Cooper folks had to leave for a day, but brought back their Corvette, which makes 3. Still 2 Camaros, and still a Monte Carlo. The Panose is still with us, but Rett had to head back home this morning. The final total still on the tour is 7.
        I'll be glad to either figure out Photobucket, or get a faster internet so I can load pictures quicker than 6 per hour. Last night I had uploaded for 4 hours, with about 40 completed. I went to bed with the computer working on it, but sometime during the night it got a nice update from Windows and interrupted the upload. Starting over tonight.......geez. I can tell you this much: this trip is fabulous beyond description, but without pictures this report would truly be worthless. I cannot thank Doug and Michelle enough for their effort and planning in putting this trip together. Stay tuned, I guarantee you won't regret it!.
        Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 25, 2013, 07:38 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Thanks ed for the positive feedback. Michille and I have put a lot of time into this event and it has been a total blast!..Norbert won the best of show trophy tonight with his 2002 corvette convertible. Additionally he happened to get the long distance award for the tour. Everybody had beautiful cars and spent a lot of time cleaning them. Tomorrow we head over the million dollar highway and tour some local towns and photo the beautiful Colorado scenery. Pics to follow!
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

• Catching up on the blogs for each day. Here is Day One: http://dayoneinvegas.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Day Two Blog: http://day2vegastozion.blogspot.com/
              Day Three Blog: http://day3intomoab.blogspot.com/

Photos will be added later! Have to go clean the Corvette for today's ride on the Million Dollar Highway!

Comment

• Nice writing Doug - thank you sir.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• I'm home safe and sound. 775 miles in exactly 11 hours to get home. VERY windy with lots of dust and sand blowing..But having been only on half of this trip, and sorry I couldn't make the last half, I can't wait until next year.. The trip was fabulous and great big pats on the back to Doug and Michille for all the work, all the time and all the money they put into making this Western Scenic Tour the GREATEST.. Not I'm off to Crusin For A Cure..The largest one day charity car show in the USA.. I'll post some pictures from the tour early next week when I get some time to download the pictures..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Glad you got home OK Rett, we miss you!

Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 26, 2013, 07:38 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      Nice writing Doug - thank you sir.
                      Thanks for the compliments Phil, however the blogs are being written by Michille and she is quite the writer!

Comment

• Day 4 Blog: http://day4moabtoouray.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Glad you got home OK Rett, we miss you!
                          http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5523/9...a0511f19_m.jpg
                          this didn't work at my end must be fred at it again
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
                            this didn't work at my end must be fred at it again
                            Fixed it for ya Bruce.

Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 26, 2013, 07:53 PM.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• OK, I'm getting most of the photos to load.......I think the problem is with our friend Mr. Photobucket, but here's an update from 2 days ago:

Early......like a 7 AM departure due to a long driving day. 27*. Frost on everything. It's gonna be a great day! We started out with a fuel/coffee stop at our local gas station at 6:30. This was our longest driving day, so we got an early start. (after scraping frost)

We headed out looking for an open restaurant.....seems the folks sleep in around here. A few loose horses on the road (sorry, went by them and no pics), but we finally found a nice restaurant for breakfast.
                              After stuffing ourselves, we headed for Moab. Needless to say, the scenery began to reveal itself immediately after sunrise.

We stopped at a Visitor's Center, and Smokey happened to be there cautioning us about the fire dangers.....

We also found a bigger-than-life lizard welcoming us.....

We came upon, oh, perhaps the 25,000th photo op of the day....

Mr. Photobucket has timed out, so more to follow.......
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Final Day Blog: http://day5ouray.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X