2013 Western Scenic Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
    I've got lots going on this fall so we will just concentrate on the tour for 2013 with no problems. as soon as i get a 2013 calendar we will start looking at dates.

PETE
    2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Hmmm, so this is next year! Sure would like to attend.
      It is not my goal to arrive at Heaven in a perfectly preserved body with no scars or regrets. It is to arrive sliding in sideways, in 4th gear worn out and tattered proclaiming, "wow" what a ride!

Comment

In 2013 I want to be home for Sept 28th. That's the show I make every year..So I think we have plenty of time to plan around that day..
        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Pete thanks for the calendar! I'm looking at the weeks of the 15th or 22nd of 2013? Let me know your thoughts. Rett no problem on the 28th.
          Last edited by bearphoto; July 25, 2012, 09:24 PM.
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Pete thanks for the calendar! I'm looking at the weeks of the 15th or 22nd of 2013? Let me know your thoughts. Rett no problem on the 28th.

I was ready to roll this September (9-2012).
            PETE
            2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Either one works for us, maybe less chance of snow earlier. But being from Colorado it could snow on the 4th of July!

Linda

Comment

If I am on the same shift as now the 22 works best for me but as long as the date is set by october ( when I pick vac) I can probably make either one work.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Okay, the official dates for the 2013 Western Bangshift Tour will be the week of September 22, 2013. We will use this name if its okay with the folks at Bangshift, otherwise it will be the Western Scenic Tour.

Anyway, we will start in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 22, 2013. The tour will head north into Zion and Bryce National Parks and may take in: North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Silverton/Durango, Colorado or will head north into the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks! Use of the freeways will be kept to a minimum! Mark your calendars (if you have a 2013). tour will run about 5 days approximately. Stay tuned for more info.

Comment

Okay, the official dates for the 2013 Western Bangshift Tour will be the week of September 22, 2013. We will use this name if its okay with the folks at Bangshift, otherwise it will be the Western Scenic Tour.

Anyway, we will start in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 22, 2013. The tour will head north into Zion and Bryce National Parks and may take in: North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Silverton/Durango, Colorado or will head north into the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks! Use of the freeways will be kept to a minimum! Mark your calendars (if you have a 2013). tour will run about 5 days approximately. Stay tuned for more info.
                    Damn, I was ready to roll in 8 weeks.
                    PETE

Comment

I'll get my vacation request in for those dates...hope we head to Yellowstone, but either way looks like fun...
                      Dannie
                      2010 Camaro SS
                      Long Haul 2010/2011
                      Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

I'm in for as much of it as possible .... especially the Colorado part.
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Thanks Doug, looking forward to it!

Linda

Comment

I'll add these dates to my vac list. I hope the boys understand, this will be the first time EVER without them.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I'm flying to New Hampshire on aug 12th to pick up one of the new 427 corvette convertibles and driving it back across the country. I have a 4 day stop in Overland Park, Kansas for a 4 day photography class and then i will be heading down to the Durango/Silverton area to scout it out as a possible stop on our 2013 Western Bangshift Tour! I'll be checking on hotels and great food places in the area. Chime in if you are familiar with the area and know of a good (fairly inexpensive hotel/motel) and any good food stops!

Comment

I'm flying to New Hampshire on aug 12th to pick up one of the new 427 corvette convertibles and driving it back across the country. I have a 4 day stop in Overland Park, Kansas for a 4 day photography class and then i will be heading down to the Durango/Silverton area to scout it out as a possible stop on our 2013 Western Bangshift Tour! I'll be checking on hotels and great food places in the area. Chime in if you are familiar with the area and know of a good (fairly inexpensive hotel/motel) and any good food stops!
                                Doug ..... we just got back from Ouray, CO. It's between Silverton and Montrose on hgwy 50. B!E!A!U!tiful scenery down there. The Box Canyon Lodge is where we stayed and it was the best place I've stayed in years!

In that area is the Silverton/Durango railroad. Red Mountain Pass (Million Dollar Highway) with it's breathtaking scenery. Ouray has wonderful scenery, The Cascade Falls, and natural hot springs thoughout as well as a huge hot spring pool. Stay away from Telluride, being L/E, you'll know what I mean ..... think of the Glenn Fry song "Smuggler's Blues". Anything around "Orvis" is nothing but old hippies and their motto is "clothing optional".

Of course that time of year, a trip thru that area won't be complete without going thru Palisade for fresh peaches, cherries, cantaloupe and wine ..... not many people know about all of the wineries up on the Grand Mesa (think Grand Junction area).

And if you go thru Olathe on a Saturday .... they have the corn festival thru Sept. Almost every Sat they have an older band show up, and its all you can eat sweet corn. Lots of vendors, entertainment for families and just an all around fun time.

Last but not least .... on the south end of Grand Junction is Western Colorado Dragway. Nice little track with a family feel.
                                Last edited by Bamfster; August 9, 2012, 07:00 AM.
                                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                                X