2013 Hotel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4 cam torino View Post
    Probably did Power Tour when he did the CC Summer Nats as well. My memory says it was 3 or 4 years but my memory sucks :lol:
    It was 2006 and 2007.
    Cleve
    Cape May, NJ
    2006LH 2007LH 2012LH
    There's no such thing as "Too much Power", only too little traction.

Comment

• I took time today to really study the maps and speculate on next year's route........I don't have a clue. Many, many possibilities.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• If we start in Arlington and end in Charlotte, NC, when we get to Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina, depending on which route we take, we will have a scenic drive. We will be traveling between I-40 and I-20.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Ok, I'll start a thread for another Western Scenic Tour. This would be somewhere probably during the first two weeks of June unless there is big conflict with everyones schedule. The last one in 2008 was small, I think we started out with half dozen cars and had 1 or 2 drop out along the way as they continued on with other pre planned events.

See my thread on this topic
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
            Pitt said "two weeks", so that should be next saturday.
            OK, so now should we start theorizing on if he meant a couple fortnights?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              OK, so now should we start theorizing on if he meant a couple fortnights?
              hey, i'm just going by what he said at the long haul meeting. doesn't mean i actually know what i'm talking about.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• I don't care where it goes I'm there

Comment

• Originally posted by LANCE PELTIER View Post
                  Would be cool if it started in Austin, Texas next year, at the new Formula 1 track...........

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/
                  That would be pretty awesome...
                  2012 HRPT Long Hauler / Interstate Queen

Comment

• Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                    Sure there is. It's called the "Tail of the Dragon".
                    Loves me some Deal's Gap... I've never been in the little red car but my RC-51 has made about 16 or 17 trips to the Gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFiftyWon View Post
                      Loves me some Deal's Gap... I've never been in the little red car but my RC-51 has made about 16 or 17 trips to the Gap.
                      well.....once the stops are announced, surely (and don't call me Shirly!) many of the locals and those familiar with the different areas will recommend or suggest routes to travel (long before the "recommended" route is announced); having said that.....if we go to North Carolina.....about North Carolina....during the year that we went from Florida to New Jersey, went through Mt. Airy, NC (?)....I got lost leaving the town, so.....I'm driving along, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, then....no cars in front of me, none behind me.....(very scenic though)......then.....I thought I heard banjo music (deliverance?).......UH-OH....................U-TURN!........high speed back to wherever I started on this road......wow..........

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                        well.....once the stops are announced, surely (and don't call me Shirly!) many of the locals and those familiar with the different areas will recommend or suggest routes to travel (long before the "recommended" route is announced); having said that.....if we go to North Carolina.....about North Carolina....during the year that we went from Florida to New Jersey, went through Mt. Airy, NC (?)....I got lost leaving the town, so.....I'm driving along, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, then....no cars in front of me, none behind me.....(very scenic though)......then.....I thought I heard banjo music (deliverance?).......UH-OH....................U-TURN!........high speed back to wherever I started on this road......wow..........
                        I'm from Kentucky...they don't know shee-it about banjo music in NC.

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          You got a real pretty mouth...........
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• 2013 Hotel Thread

Knowing that it will start in Arlington, I booked a room for 30 May thru 2 June at the Holiday Inn Express 2451 E. RANDOL MILL ROAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFiftyWon View Post
                              been on it with a 86' ninja600, 90' zx11, and a 95'triumph speed triple. had the most fun with the zx11.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                                been on it with a 86' ninja600, 90' zx11, and a 95'triumph speed triple. had the most fun with the zx11.
                                Been on the Tail many times in many different vehicles, now to go do it on the Fatboy!!!!
                                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X