No announcement yet.

2013 Hotel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know about them Chuck, but I'll add you to the list.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by 180ACK View Post
      Was going and had everything set up and then my couter part had shoulder surgery and was not supposed to be back until the week after the tour. He made a fast recovery and now I am on again

Chuck
      No Angie??
      FKA Redragtop
      (formerly known as)

Comment

• Nice catch Mike, yes she is going and I may be in trouble........

Chuck & Angie ;)
        "I live with fear and danger every day, & sometimes she lets me go racing"

Long Hauler 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
          Dean, I will call the hotel and see how to switch the room to your name. We aren't staying at that hotel, to leave them in our name we would have to be there when you check in. Hopefully I can cancel and let them know your name and then you can call them right away with your information. Will let you know once I talk to them.
          Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
          I just had to deal with this same situation for HIE in Texarkana with 66Fury; which I think would be the same process:
          1) Mike get's Dean's name, address and phone number.
          2) Mike calls the hotel and advises them that Dean is taking the reservation and gives them Dean's name and phone #.
          3) The hotel takes Dean's information
          4) Mike calls Dean back with the confirmation number, the hotel phone number and the person he spoke to and the full name holding the original reservation (e.g., Donna's legal name - LOL)
          5) Dean calls the hotel, asks for the contact, provides the name holding the original reservation and gives them his credit card #
          6) Deal complete, note the reservation number will not change

Dean, As Thomas has detailed the process..... All HI resorts work the same.... It really is easy and a 5 minute call.....
          Last edited by 66Fury3; May 16, 2013, 03:25 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• FYI

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
            Ok gang, I have some hotels that are about to become available due to the fact that I won't be catching the tour until Memphis. With that being said, I will be cancelling my hotels in Dallas, Texarkana, and Little Rock.

I have reserved the rooms under my Government/Military Rate, so if ANYONE is interested, PM me and I'll simply add your name to the reservation so the rate won't change.

Here is what I have reserved:

Holiday Inn- 1311 Wet N Wild Way (Arlington)
            HIE- 2451 Randol Mill Road (Six Flags, Arlington)
            HIE- 4545 Cowhorn Creek Rd (Texarkana)
            HIE- 5210 Crossroads PKWY (Texarkana East)
            HIE- 4306 McCain BLVD (North Little Rock)
            HIE- 3121 Bankhead Dr (Little Rock)

I will be cancelling these by on the 24th of this month, so if you know anyone that needs these rooms, let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180ACK View Post
              Was going and had everything set up and then my couter part had shoulder surgery and was not supposed to be back until the week after the tour. He made a fast recovery and now I am on again

I had booked these long ago and checked on them 3 months ago. Can you let me know if I should have any concerns about where I booked?

Hyatt Place Dallas/Arlington 2380 E Road to Six Flags Street, TX
              Clarion Hotel LaCross 5100 North Stateline Ave Texarkana, AR
              La Quinta Inn 4100 East McCain Bl Little Rock, AR
              Sleep Inn 2855 Old Austin Peay Hwy Memphis, TN
              La Qunita Inn 120 Riverchase Pkwy East Birmingham, AL
              Quality Inn 153 James Asbury Dr Cleveland, TN
              Hampton Inn 9850 Weddington Road Concord, NC

Let me now if you see anything that could be trouble.

Chuck
              I hope we don't have trouble in Memphis since we are at the same hotel with you guys..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Big thanks to Donna and Mike for getting us a place to sleep. See y'all in Arlington in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Need some help guys. Been burning the candle at both ends trying to get my latest project finished in time. Think it will happen, but have not had time to spend looking for rooms. Only doing Birmingham, Chattanooga, and Charlotte this year. Kinda on a budget cause this car has rang the cash register entirely too much, but don't want to be in the hood either. Sixty something pages of reading here to catch up, so any suggestions will be appreciated.
                  Don
                  "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

• PM oletrux4evr. He can send you the list.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• finally got a confirmation number yesterday for the hotel that HIE in texarkana moved me too.

Comment

• Room 16 ain't got no view -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Anybody got a room in Texarkana they don't need before I pull the trigger and book something?

I will only be doing the one night, I'd like to be at a hotel that has a lot of HRPT people, but it doesn't matter. Plan as of now is to hop on Priceline and take a room at the Baymont ($69+tax/fees) and if those are sold out then there is a Motel 6 over on Summerhill for less ($41+tax/fees). Just need to sleep, shower, and hit the road to go back home Monday morning after everyone leaves town.

If you've got something in or close to that range and won't make Texarkana I'd be happy to take it.
                          Alan Moore - Wichita Falls, TX
                          1976 Gran Torino 351C - Four Door Whore

Comment

• I'm going to be cacelling a room there, probably tommorow, along with others. Texarkana Quality Inn on Stateline Ave, was $47 when made, no telling now. Also Motel 6 on 29th st in Little Rock, Lockhart Inn, was a Motel 6 in Arlington on Randal Mill Rd., and Motel 6 Sycamore View Rd. Memphis
                            Originally posted by occupant View Post
                            Anybody got a room in Texarkana they don't need before I pull the trigger and book something?

I will only be doing the one night, I'd like to be at a hotel that has a lot of HRPT people, but it doesn't matter. Plan as of now is to hop on Priceline and take a room at the Baymont ($69+tax/fees) and if those are sold out then there is a Motel 6 over on Summerhill for less ($41+tax/fees). Just need to sleep, shower, and hit the road to go back home Monday morning after everyone leaves town.

If you've got something in or close to that range and won't make Texarkana I'd be happy to take it.
                            LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

• maybe we could coordinate a call to the hotel.
                              LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

• and you have a pm about the Texarkana (and possibly Arlington too)
                                Alan Moore - Wichita Falls, TX
                                1976 Gran Torino 351C - Four Door Whore

Comment

Working...
                                X