Memphis, TN
    Birmingham, AL
    Chattanooga, TN
    Charlotte, NC
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
      Can't argue with that. Hope the grandkids have a use for the cheesy backpacks.
      I agree - those were pretty weak LH gifts - I prefer signs personally - garage art - the only place I'm allowed to decorate.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I heard from a good source El Paso.....

Comment

Forgot where I found this (but it seemed legit)

HRPT 2013.
          1. Arlington/Dallas
          2. Texarkana
          3. Little Rock
          4. Memphis
          5. Birmingham
          6. Chattanooga
          7. Charlotte
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post

HRPT 2013.
            1. Arlington/Dallas
            2. Texarkana
            3. Little Rock
            4. Memphis
            5. Birmingham
            6. Chattanooga
            7. Charlotte
            Hey Bill, I think James Bishir just posted those same cities right above you..... Ha Ha Ha. On a serious note though, Chattanooga to Charlotte in one day would be a haul, especially if you were to do the Tail of the Dragon. What a way to end the last day....
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by bucky67 View Post
              hey bill, i think james bishir just posted those same cities right above you..... Ha ha ha. On a serious note though, chattanooga to charlotte in one day would be a haul, especially if you were to do the tail of the dragon. What a way to end the last day....
              doh !!!!!!! my list is like the fast food menu wit numbers by the selection
              Last edited by Vsolo; June 12, 2012, 01:32 PM.
              So. Central PA
              Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I don't care where they go too much as long as its NOT Alabama! No offense to anyone who is from there, but one experience in that state 2 yrs ago was enough for a lifetime for me!

Comment

Here's route that balances sponsorship with things to do:

Day 1: Arlington to Tulsa (Drag racing/Autocross and Hallett Road Course) ~ 280 miles (Could shorten a bit it with a start at Texas Motor Speedway in far North Ft Worth/Denton County)
                  Day 2: Tulsa to Little Rock (nothing to do in LR but sweat . . . Walmart could sponsor . . . Not far from Bentonville) ~ 275 miles
                  Day 3: Little Rock to Memphis (Comp Cams/Zex/Fast . . . Drag racing) 135 miles (343 miles from Bentonville)
                  Day 4: Memphis to Birmingham, AL (Barber Motorsports Park) ~ 240 miles
                  Day 5: Birmingham to Chattanooga, TN (Coker Tires/Honest Charlie sponsor) ~ 150 miles
                  Day 6: Chattanooga to Charlotte, NC (4-Wide Drags/ Nascar track lap . . . .) ~350 miles
                  Day 7: Long Hauler's day in Charlotte

I tried to factor in Bolling Green (Corvettes/ Holley) but Barber maps in better.
                  Last edited by 38P; June 11, 2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post

HRPT 2013.
                    1. Arlington/Dallas
                    2. Texarkana
                    3. Little Rock
                    4. Memphis
                    5. Birmingham
                    6. Chattanooga
                    7. Charlotte
                    the guy from painless confirmed dallas on the stage. i heard from a reliable source that it would be texarkana and end in charlotte. then on saturday, heard from another reliable source that it would be as listed above by vsolo and below buy bishar. jerry pitt said the route would be posted in two weeks, so we'll know for sure then.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                      Doesn't matter to me. I couldn't care less where the stops are. I'm there to see all my friends and some cool cars. If there's some sight seeing involved, it's just an added bonus.
                      X2
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

If all the stops and route are announced in two weeks, what do we have to look forward to. Anticipation is part of the fun!!
                        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                          If all the stops and route are announced in two weeks, what do we have to look forward to. Anticipation is part of the fun!!
                          Bahahahaha...... So True!!!
                          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                          - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                            Or...

Arlington, tx
                            Texarkana
                            Little rock, ar
                            Memphis, TN
                            Birmingham, AL
                            Chattanooga, TN
                            Charlotte, NC
                            No, not buying that one. Arlington to Texarkana in only 198 miles, then just 145 more to Little Rock, and then only 140 more to Memphis..........? Then to end it with 315 miles through the mountains to get to Charlotte?

Arlington, Tx
                            Shreveport, LA
                            Jackson, MS
                            Birmingham, AL
                            Chattanooga, TN
                            Johnson city, TN or Asheville, NC
                            Charlotte, NC

This sounds way more legit. Asheville is an amazing place, lots of awesome roads to drive through there. Birmingham would suck as far as the heat and humidity. probably the hottest stop I've ever experienced, all those tall trees just held in the humidity.....

Comment

Wouldn't mind Little Rock as a stop, they did a hell of a job in 08. Charlotte the traffic will be terrible, went through there this Jan. and traffic was nasty.
                              Last edited by Solsticefun; June 12, 2012, 11:46 AM.
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by maromoma View Post
                                i don't care where they go too much as long as its not alabama! No offense to anyone who is from there, but one experience in that state 2 yrs ago was enough for a lifetime for me!
                                wow you give up fast

Comment

Working...
                                X