No announcement yet.

2013 Hotel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North,South,East,West. I wii be there. if i go to the same place over an over.it has new people there.and all the great people i have met. that is the only time we get to hang out all year. so its all good with me .that is what it is about ....gripping shortens your life by 40%.mine is to short anyway

Comment

• Is there an official count of participants for the power tour? Was this year's the best attended?

The number of cars was simply overwhelming, and I was only in Milford and Muskegon.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Is there an official count of participants for the power tour? Was this year's the best attended?

The number of cars was simply overwhelming, and I was only in Milford and Muskegon.
        John, we probably won't know a count untill the PT issue of Hot Rod comes out.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by The Chief View Post
          Yup i agree, don't like the route then don't run. for me this years route didn't interest me enough to find the extra money to fly my ass 5000 miles across the world and drive my car even though i had friends at both start and finish I'm tired of Illinois as are my group. Depending on the official route for 2013 we will either run the PT or do our own thing and head up to Montana from Missouri
          You guys want a good time while you are out that way, go around August 6th when Sturgis goes on. One of the biggest bike rallies in the nation.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manifestospeed View Post
            What is there to do in Texarkana, other than sit in a bag chair while some corporate type gives stuff away . . . or somebody starts another impromptu burnout-fest?

Another "bag chair" venue . . . .

at least there's a drag strip.

Watch the pine trees and wipe off the humidity in your "bag chair" . . . .
            Huh? What's the attraction? The Casey Jones Museum? Krystal Cheeseburgers?
            At least they've got a race track
            Not sure what there is to do in these Villes, either.
            There ought to be plenty of stuff to do here.
            birmingham - i heard it won't be at the track.
            chatanooga - coker tires
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• I don't care where I go as long as I am looking over the hood of my EL Camino!!!!
              PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
              1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• After Driving the Route i really liked all of this tours route

Next Year time will tell,

I know i will be in Chattanooga or Memphis when Tour goes thru
                I will mostly start PT in NO next year
                boob

Sometimes U Have To Make YUR OWN FUN
                faster, slower, stop, dont stop, make side routes to ?, Pictures, videos

think for yourself
                Last edited by 1956NY150; June 13, 2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• we had dinner Friday Night at the same restaurant as one of the key people, you all know him but I won't say his name in case he wasn't supposed to leak the info that he did. We talked a while and he asked where we were from, we said KY. He mentioned that we would like the 2013 tour, and said Chattanooga and Memphis were on the list. Starting in TX and going East. We shall see, but I'm already excited about next year!!!
                  Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                    birmingham - i heard it won't be at the track.
                    It is widely known that Barbers doesnt wholly embrace the "muscle car crowd" even though he has some......his taste lies with the Concours d'Elegance type crowd.....the Power Tour if in Birmingham will end up at the Dog Track, Regions Field, or old downtown Birmingham.....if it ever ends up at Barber's racetrack consider that one of the major accomplishments by Hot Rod and Family Events...
                    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

• I agree with everyone, happily go where the tour goes or stay home.

For me, if the tour goes the direction that is sounds like it is next year, it makes it difficult for me to attend, since it will take 3 1/2 days to get home from Charlotte and I can't work out my vacation time that long. I usually count on using the Memorial Day week to give me the extra time to get to the start, but don't have that luxury on the back end of the trip....so will see...
                      Dannie
                      2010 Camaro SS
                      Long Haul 2010/2011
                      Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                        Wow, ya'll just need to quit complaining. If you don't like where Power Tour goes next year stay home! Power Tour is about the drive and the people you meet and all the small towns we drive through along the way. This year was great. So many towns we drove thru had crowd's on every street corner watching the cars drive by. I love travelng thru small town america and seeing the countryside, cornfields to stawberry fields and everything in between. Thanks to all the Bangshifters who helped make this year and great trip.

Donna

I agree with Donna. This was my third Power Tour, and I loved everything about it. The kick off car show at the VA Hospital was great ! I met a lot of BS'ers and hope to see everyone again next yr. As far as the route.... they try and keep it North and South as much as possible. That way people from each coast can join in. I dont see it stopping in SC... or hitting that far east... but who knows. They did already say its starting in TX.

Comment

• Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                          It is widely known that Barbers doesnt wholly embrace the "muscle car crowd" even though he has some......his taste lies with the Concours d'Elegance type crowd.....the Power Tour if in Birmingham will end up at the Dog Track, Regions Field, or old downtown Birmingham.....if it ever ends up at Barber's racetrack consider that one of the major accomplishments by Hot Rod and Family Events...
                          i heard regions field
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by GNGAL View Post
                            I agree with Donna. This was my third Power Tour, and I loved everything about it. The kick off car show at the VA Hospital was great ! I met a lot of BS'ers and hope to see everyone again next yr. As far as the route.... they try and keep it North and South as much as possible. That way people from each coast can join in. I dont see it stopping in SC... or hitting that far east... but who knows. They did already say its starting in TX.
                            2006 went thru SC and right on up the Blue Ridge, ending in New Jersey. last years started in florida, which was a big surprise to me.
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• New prediction:

Bangor, Maine
                              Miami, Florida
                              Oklahoma City
                              Honolulu, HI
                              Toyko, Japan
                              Newton, Iowa
                              Chernobyl, Ukraine

Long hauler awards at the nuke plant. Bonus: they'll glow in the dark!
                              Powertour off/on since 2002
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                                2006 went thru SC and right on up the Blue Ridge, ending in New Jersey. last years started in florida, which was a big surprise to me.
                                In 2005 it ended in Kissimmee FL and it 2006 it started in Florida.....the previous tours have pretty much covered the gambit of all directions but with exception of the western states.....I know Alabama isnt a favorite destination....but I take solace in the fact(not bragging just happy about it) that the Power Tour has always been within a 90 min to 6 hour drive of my front door on many ocassions and has passed within miles of my house........
                                Last edited by 383S-10; June 13, 2012, 05:13 PM.
                                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Working...
                                X