Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here going on the Lakeside Lounge Tour w/Year One in Sept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here going on the Lakeside Lounge Tour w/Year One in Sept.

I' am going not sure what car I will be in yet but I will be making this trip start to finish this year. I did a few days with these guys last year on the Chowder Run and it was a blast. Very laid back not all the hustle and bustle of the power tour but all kinds of driving and hanging out.

2012 Lakeside Lounge Tour aka 2012 Drivin It Home Tour

There's a possibility that I may do part of the tour, but I won't/can't do all of it. It does sound pretty nice considering where they are going and each stop is at a lake.
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

Not sure yet. But I will try to do at least the Last stop.
      OH YEAH
      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

I'm thinking about it. I wish I had known more about it before this years PT, it sounds like something I would be interested in. It starts practically in my backyard.

Do they allow 99 Corvettes?
        It is not my goal to arrive at Heaven in a perfectly preserved body with no scars or regrets. It is to arrive sliding in sideways, in 4th gear worn out and tattered proclaiming, "wow" what a ride!

Comment

There is not much information on YearOne web site. Where do you register? I have emailed them for more information, but hav'nt heard anything back from them.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SFC_97 View Post
            I'm thinking about it. I wish I had known more about it before this years PT, it sounds like something I would be interested in. It starts practically in my backyard.

Do they allow 99 Corvettes?
            I'm pretty sure that your car qualifies.... I'd Love to be up in Branson that weekend, but I'll be in DC, which is why I may only get to do the last couple of stops.

It starts in your back yard and ends in mine......
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
              There is not much information on YearOne web site. Where do you register? I have emailed them for more information, but hav'nt heard anything back from them.
              Go to this website

Then select one of these options, such as
              DIHPACKETSML $69.00

The SML, at the end, is the size of T shirt you wear. There are several options.

Then it pops up to add it to your cart. I agree there's not a lot of info about the event but I can only guess you will recieve all the pertinent info after you register.

I'm still thinking on it, if I can keep the little short fat girls, where I work, from getting all uppity with me, I'm going to do my best to go at least a couple stops. If not this year, I definitely want to attend next year. They have a similar event in the spring but it's a little closer to the PT than what I would hope.

Bucky,

What are you doing in DC? If I may ask.
              Last edited by SFC_97; July 4, 2012, 07:27 AM.
              It is not my goal to arrive at Heaven in a perfectly preserved body with no scars or regrets. It is to arrive sliding in sideways, in 4th gear worn out and tattered proclaiming, "wow" what a ride!

Comment

Thanks SFC

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I did part of the "Chowder Run" last year. A cruise through coastal NC & SC is right in my back yard. Mother lives in Beaufort, NC and I have family in Wilmington NC and Charleston. It was a good time and unlike P/T you get to meet everybody. I don't have the vacation time or the $ available to do it this year. YO puts on a good time and supports a cause, which I think is better than FE, which is out purely to make a profit. Have fun and post some pics.
                  Non-denominational car nut.
                  Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                  Do you go all the way?

Comment

Charles,are you going to make the Hillsboro show this year.September29th with a cruise in the night before at Daniel Boone village.
                    Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

HHmmm, I'm off that weekend and don't have anything else on my agenda yet. I'm looking to do some fishing sometime this fall. Put me down for a "maybe".
                      It's a nice show at an old NASCAR dirt track, that has been nearly reclaimed by mother nature. Check out this info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occoneechee_Speedway
                      If you like the book "Silent Speedways", you'll love this place.
                      Non-denominational car nut.
                      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                      Do you go all the way?

Comment

i am going to register today for this; going to be driving up from florida. anybody else doing this? How many cars do the tour? .....

Comment

I may not be making it now. My Driveway needs re blacktoped and that setting me back about $10,000.00 so I think an extra vacation might be out of the question right now. So I will start saving for the 2013 HRPT.

Comment

Anybody go on this last year? I don't want to drive so far for 20 cars

Comment

I talked to one of YO guy who go on this tour, as of about 2 weeks ago, they had 27 cars registered ! He said be sure to bring ;awn chairs, they bring BBQ pits, often pass a hat & everyone pitch in and go get food and bbq in hotel parking lot. MUCH slower pace than HRPT, everyone has time to get to know everyone else, that Sat in Branson one of the familys that go every year has invited everyone to their place to eat & hang out. Sounds like slow pace fun to me! We plan to go to Biloxi in October for Cruisin the Coast, not sure if we can do both yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X