• Show
Clear All

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Just saw this on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage -

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied
    Blackhawk and Central City is way more better .... more scenic and more to do close by.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    I went to Cripple Creek with my parents when I was a kid (at least I think it was Cripple Creek) an old western town, we had a day there.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    May as well include a side trip to Cripple Creek.......
    Don't have any of the Band in my collection at this time.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Incline....yes all the way to 14,110 feet......temperature of our brakes.....
    Yes - it would be an expensive prep - port fuel injection, 6 pistion calipers, big rotors and large diameter wheels (YUK).

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    May as well include a side trip to Cripple Creek.......

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Soooo - DragWeek 2013 is off the list (for sure this time)?
    Could we have two routes?
    One for those who wish to enjoy all those wonderful vistas, views and quaint little places
    One full of double apex twisties for those of us less aesthetically inclined
    Incline....yes all the way to 14,110 feet......

Remember no guard rails on Pikes Peak highway...........This is not completely true, there are some. They did check the temperature of our brakes half way down, we were good! Some were instructed to pull over to cool the brakes..... Colorado mountains have some great twisties especially Berthoud Pass, wide highway with switchbacks......

I am not a Colorado expert, just a tourist that really enjoys being there.......
    Last edited by 200WINS; July 8, 2012, 06:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Soooo - DragWeek 2013 is off the list (for sure this time)?
    Could we have two routes?
    One for those who wish to enjoy all those wonderful vistas, views and quaint little places
    One full of double apex twisties for those of us less aesthetically inclined

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Don't know what holds for that far out, we like CO Springs and Pikes Peak. Would like to be there and will plan for next year, however changes in business may dictate what we can do. The CO Springs area is so full of things to do, Garden of the Gods is a great place to visit and walk around. The color of the rocks change throught the day as the sun changes angle. We have been there in the morning, afternoon and evening, always beautiful. Royal Gorge (Canon City) is something to see, we did take the Royal Gorge Route train, I found the history lesson narative interesting. After the train ride we traveled by car to the top of the gorge, it is really cool to see if only one time. Also Pikes Peak we have been up by train and by highway. Either way or I should say both ways are great! The Cog Train gives lots of history and interesting facts about the mountain. Driving the highway has some really great vistas and some places to stop and take in the scenery. So yes! We would love to make this trip and plan to.

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    If we could set a date for Pikes Peak, then work around that.
    200wins whats your thoughts on this
    are u going to Pikes Peak?
    if u are i would hook up with u on way out and the cruise back
    bob

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    I believe Kool Deadwood Nites is held the weekend before Labor Day. I have not been to this event however my friends that have say it is something to see and participate in. As soon as dates come out I will post them. Rooms in the hills especially Deadwood are usually at a premium during the summer. If anyone is interested we should look into rooms or condo's or something early.

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Probably do the northern swing on the way back east. Later August or September would be good. Colorado is full of "good stuff". A bit of a drive but from there head north on US85 to Black Hills. Maybe plan around Kool Deadwood Nites?? Avoid begining of August in the "Hills" due to all the Sturgis Bike Rally activities. Very busy!!

Kool Deadwood Nites brings together 5 days full of cars, concerts & oldies fun every August. Enjoy a parade, show & shine and FREE concerts on Main Street.

Free Beer in Tully??
    CLockwisse works for us
    and i mis wrote
    anytime is OK for Roz and I, we fiquire we will on the road for +-a month
    the plans are starting
    we have NO plans for anystops so all is good
    Show us What u Got for scenary
    thanks
    bob
    Last edited by 1956NY150; July 7, 2012, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied
    I'm in .... was planning some type of tour of colorado around that time. I'll be running a route around the state at the end of this july (2012) in hopes of getting enough people together for 2013.

Linda .... we can pool our resources for the bbq, etc

Leave a comment:

• 1cheapstreet
    replied
    Figure out the dates and we can host a bbq or something.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Probably do the northern swing on the way back east. Later August or September would be good. Colorado is full of "good stuff". A bit of a drive but from there head north on US85 to Black Hills. Maybe plan around Kool Deadwood Nites?? Avoid begining of August in the "Hills" due to all the Sturgis Bike Rally activities. Very busy!!

Kool Deadwood Nites brings together 5 days full of cars, concerts & oldies fun every August. Enjoy a parade, show & shine and FREE concerts on Main Street.

Free Beer in Tully??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X