Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket list Removal 2013 Pikes Peak Tour

I believe Linda said late August or early Sept is Best

Late August probably works for me the best.

Who is in for this?

Make peaks pike a couple day thing on a weekend?
    Plan a cruise to somewhere?
    Roz and i Fiquire this will probably be as far West we will go in 2013 unless?

We will ge going thru , Mentor, williamsburg, Chicago, Vermillion SD on the way out with i believe some Bad Lands Cruising with 200wins, and

WHO is in for this?
    it would help planning for the cruise out
    thanks
    drinks are on me (in tully)
    boob

ITS ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY
    DON'T U KNOW
    Last edited by 1956NY150; July 5, 2012, 05:58 PM.

Probably do the northern swing on the way back east. Later August or September would be good. Colorado is full of "good stuff". A bit of a drive but from there head north on US85 to Black Hills. Maybe plan around Kool Deadwood Nites?? Avoid begining of August in the "Hills" due to all the Sturgis Bike Rally activities. Very busy!!

Kool Deadwood Nites brings together 5 days full of cars, concerts & oldies fun every August. Enjoy a parade, show & shine and FREE concerts on Main Street.

Free Beer in Tully??
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Figure out the dates and we can host a bbq or something.

Linda

Comment

I'm in .... was planning some type of tour of colorado around that time. I'll be running a route around the state at the end of this july (2012) in hopes of getting enough people together for 2013.

Linda .... we can pool our resources for the bbq, etc
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          Probably do the northern swing on the way back east. Later August or September would be good. Colorado is full of "good stuff". A bit of a drive but from there head north on US85 to Black Hills. Maybe plan around Kool Deadwood Nites?? Avoid begining of August in the "Hills" due to all the Sturgis Bike Rally activities. Very busy!!

Kool Deadwood Nites brings together 5 days full of cars, concerts & oldies fun every August. Enjoy a parade, show & shine and FREE concerts on Main Street.

Free Beer in Tully??
          CLockwisse works for us
          and i mis wrote
          anytime is OK for Roz and I, we fiquire we will on the road for +-a month
          the plans are starting
          we have NO plans for anystops so all is good
          Show us What u Got for scenary
          thanks
          bob
          Last edited by 1956NY150; July 7, 2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I believe Kool Deadwood Nites is held the weekend before Labor Day. I have not been to this event however my friends that have say it is something to see and participate in. As soon as dates come out I will post them. Rooms in the hills especially Deadwood are usually at a premium during the summer. If anyone is interested we should look into rooms or condo's or something early.

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

If we could set a date for Pikes Peak, then work around that.
              200wins whats your thoughts on this
              are u going to Pikes Peak?
              if u are i would hook up with u on way out and the cruise back
              bob

Comment

Don't know what holds for that far out, we like CO Springs and Pikes Peak. Would like to be there and will plan for next year, however changes in business may dictate what we can do. The CO Springs area is so full of things to do, Garden of the Gods is a great place to visit and walk around. The color of the rocks change throught the day as the sun changes angle. We have been there in the morning, afternoon and evening, always beautiful. Royal Gorge (Canon City) is something to see, we did take the Royal Gorge Route train, I found the history lesson narative interesting. After the train ride we traveled by car to the top of the gorge, it is really cool to see if only one time. Also Pikes Peak we have been up by train and by highway. Either way or I should say both ways are great! The Cog Train gives lots of history and interesting facts about the mountain. Driving the highway has some really great vistas and some places to stop and take in the scenery. So yes! We would love to make this trip and plan to.

Comment

Soooo - DragWeek 2013 is off the list (for sure this time)?
                  Could we have two routes?
                  One for those who wish to enjoy all those wonderful vistas, views and quaint little places
                  One full of double apex twisties for those of us less aesthetically inclined

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                    Soooo - DragWeek 2013 is off the list (for sure this time)?
                    Could we have two routes?
                    One for those who wish to enjoy all those wonderful vistas, views and quaint little places
                    One full of double apex twisties for those of us less aesthetically inclined
                    Incline....yes all the way to 14,110 feet......

Remember no guard rails on Pikes Peak highway...........This is not completely true, there are some. They did check the temperature of our brakes half way down, we were good! Some were instructed to pull over to cool the brakes..... Colorado mountains have some great twisties especially Berthoud Pass, wide highway with switchbacks......

I am not a Colorado expert, just a tourist that really enjoys being there.......
                    Last edited by 200WINS; July 8, 2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

May as well include a side trip to Cripple Creek.......
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                        Incline....yes all the way to 14,110 feet......temperature of our brakes.....
                        Yes - it would be an expensive prep - port fuel injection, 6 pistion calipers, big rotors and large diameter wheels (YUK).

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          May as well include a side trip to Cripple Creek.......
                          Don't have any of the Band in my collection at this time.

Comment

I went to Cripple Creek with my parents when I was a kid (at least I think it was Cripple Creek) an old western town, we had a day there.
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Blackhawk and Central City is way more better .... more scenic and more to do close by.
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X