Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u have to look at in a mirror

Comment

Car henge is inside your circle, though not really so much on the way between your points. Just throwing that out there. We did a run through the sights of SD down through Nebraska to Car Henge and the Oregon Trail classic Chimney Rock to Denver, Pikes Peak, Royal Gorge, down to Santa Fe and back along route 66 a couple years ago.

Car Henge is an interesting place for car people to visit that is absolutely in BFE and can be hard to work in to a trip.
      1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
      2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

4 cam thanks

any others?

who may try and hook up during cruise?
        boob

Comment

You can stay with us near KC Boob, and we can join in the run from there. This loop is clockwise, isn't it?
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

CLOCKWISE
            but nothing is in ink
            may not go as far west pass Pikes Peak
            just depends on cruise planing

thanks Earl
            thats cool
            Last edited by 1956NY150; July 13, 2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I will be checking out Kool Deadwood Night's Schedules as soon as 2013 information is available......
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Bob, did you and Roz get a South Dakota DVD in the mail sometime back?? I keep forgetting to ask........
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Still have not started a route to Pikes Peak
                  included will be Mentor Ohio, Williams sometning Mich, Milwakee Wisc, Vermilion SD, St Louis Kansas, Pikes Peak, Zion NP, other NP's, Houston texas, Hahnsville La, Bucky Al, and others.
                  Will be in August and Sept 2013
                  boob

Comment

Kool Deadwood Nites 2013 is going to be August 22-25 in Deadwood, SD. I don't know if this will fit in to the trip, however we are going to make plans for that weekend with some of our "Car Guy" friends and would love to have you all come along.

Kool Deadwood Nites brings together 5 days full of cars, concerts & oldies fun every August. Enjoy a parade, show & shine and FREE concerts on Main Street.

There are lots of things to do in the Black Hills area and roads to cruise on. Rapid City is the home of the Hot Rod Institute as seen on some TV shows. Check it out, let us know......

Comment

200Wins

pm your hottel i will get rooms just in case
                      thks
                      1956NY150

Comment

Let you know when the details as it progresses........

Comment

saw you will be coming through Chicago area on the way to Milwaukee, let me know if you need a place to stay, i have plenty of room, we are about 10 miles south of the WI border and about 5-10 miles off of I94... will have to see if i can join you on some of you loop or just might meet you in CO for Pikes Peak, do you have any dates set yet?
                          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

sounds like a fun trip`
                            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2012 Northeast Rod Run
                            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

You'll be going right through my neck 'o the woods Bob - stop and say HI if you have time, we're right off 94 between 23 and 275
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

when is the trip going to start and when do you think you will be in CO. We are taking a vacation to CO this summer with the family and wondering if it was at the same time. Therese and i thought about taking the Fiero back out there for some great mountain driving!
                                Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Working...
                                X