No announcement yet.

America's Main Street, Lincoln Highway Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures!! This is cool, I like the Clinton/Lincoln sign......
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

george,
      we are going to try to get some more pix when I can get out with the photog...(AmeanXtreme)
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I live about 2 miles from US-30. drive is most every day. Yeah Hwy US-30 goes through WY.

Tim
        '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
        '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
        2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

When I get back to Ely, NV I can take some pictures of the Lincoln posts along Hwy 50. I know where two of them are for sure.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

You drive safe on the way home from Drag Week Randal - - -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
              I live about 2 miles from US-30. drive is most every day. Yeah Hwy US-30 goes through WY.

Tim
              Where are you at Tim? I have taken 30 into Wyoming at Pine Bluffs and been on some in Cheyenne........

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              When I get back to Ely, NV I can take some pictures of the Lincoln posts along Hwy 50. I know where two of them are for sure.
              Look forward to it Randal
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Time to deliver as promised

Outside our Chamber of Commerce downtown.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0478.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	864216

Right outside of town, hence all the political signs. That boulder fell from above about a year ago.

Name:	IMAG0494.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	864218

Then out by the Mine (Ruth).

Name:	IMAG0485.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	864215

Name:	IMAG0487.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	864217
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 23, 2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Great stuff Randal!! Traditionally the Lincoln highway follows Higway 30, I believe you said this is Highway 50. Is this Nevada State 50? How much of the Lincoln Highway exists in Nevada? Awesome pictures, what kind of Mine is this? I am full of questions, among being full of other stuff also......

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                    I am full of questions, among being full of other stuff also......
                    I can vouch for that......
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Great stuff Randal!! Traditionally the Lincoln highway follows Higway 30, I believe you said this is Highway 50. Is this Nevada State 50? How much of the Lincoln Highway exists in Nevada? Awesome pictures, what kind of Mine is this? I am full of questions, among being full of other stuff also......
                      Highway 50 is a State highway I believe, but it does run into Utah with the same name so I'm not sure. From what I gather the Lincoln Highway goes to San Francisco and the shortest route through the northern part of Nevada to accomplish that is Highway 50 since it crosses from Utah to California.

It's the open pit copper mine I work at. The light brown dump is from the 1920's, and we'll probably mine it out some day for the copper that was put into it. The grey dumps are our modern ones. We're actively building mountains The Steam Train just happen to be steaming by when I drove out there this morning.

Comment

I am full of questions, among being full of other stuff also......
                        Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        I can vouch for that......
                        I can second that
                        FKA Redragtop
                        (formerly known as)

Comment

Thanks Randal, some day I will come and visit this!! Ed and Mike........... are you trying to comment on something here??

Comment

Mike........... are you trying to comment on something here??
                            I can't answer for Ed, but I was just agreeing with your statement...in a not so subtle sort of way
                            FKA Redragtop
                            (formerly known as)

Comment

BTW...Nice pics Randal. Timing is everything and the train was a cool bonus addition to your shots
                              FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

I missed the train............ I mean I missed the train in the picture.........

Comment

Working...
                                X