No announcement yet.

Is it OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I am the contrarian, while I agree there are NO rules, IMHO the banner applies to the junk, not the junkie. If the junk wasn't on the tour or completed a long haul, she shouldn't wear the 'badge'. Fellow junkies know who the posers are, a windshield banner won't bring a junkie cred

If a windshield breaks, sure replace the banners (I gave 4 years of banners to a fellow junkie this year who had a bad windshield).
    nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
      Sorry but I am the contrarian, while I agree there are NO rules, IMHO the banner applies to the junk, not the junkie. If the junk wasn't on the tour or completed a long haul, she shouldn't wear the 'badge'.
      X2 - but then again I don't believe I fall within the allowed deviation for a normal person
      Last edited by cstmwgn; July 21, 2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

So now I'm a Poser? I thought I was just the red headed step child........
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
          So now I'm a Poser? I thought I was just the red headed step child........
          No Mike - you are not a poser but your car IS!
          You could get the years tattooed on your forehead (or ass depending on your preference) for the years that YOU went.
          Last edited by cstmwgn; July 22, 2012, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            No Mike - you are not a poser but your car IS!
            You could get the years tattooed on your forehead (or ass depending on your preference) for the years that YOU went.
            pick the forehead please
            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
            2012 Northeast Rod Run
            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              X2 - but then again I don't believe I fall within the allowed deviation for a normal person
              But...you are quite a devient now aren't you

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
              I thought I was just the red headed step child........
              Was your hair red before it turned gray?

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
              pick the forehead please
              Yes I agree...in case he wants to show them off I don't want to see them elsewhere
              FKA Redragtop
              (formerly known as)

Comment

Steve, the post I made was how to make 'interior' (like the Long Hauler) stickers removable, but not 'exterior' (like the windshield banner) stickers....can't remember which thread that was on, but it's been a couple of years since I posted that.

I agree that the banners and stickers are the vehicles' trophies. They should stay with the car.
                IMHO.
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 22, 2012, 05:44 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well, I'm putting them on. It was my butt that drove the car all those miles and I want people to know that I did the tour. I"ll them them that I did'nt do it this car but I have the stories. Like I said, this car is going to be on the tour for many years to come so I dont feel bad. As far as trophies, I feel that you did the work, put in the money and did the time. The trophies are yours.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

The first year I did the Power Tour,2009, I came home with an extra set of windschield banners and put a set on my Red Nova. I had to take them off after about a month cause I felt like I was trying to fool people to think THIS car made the Long Haul. And was asked once about it and I did say it wasn't this car, it was my Mustang. It was my own guilt trip and I had to get off..I wore the shirts and told the stories, but my Red Nova never saw the Tour..No trophy for you..My 2 cents as usual..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Wow....this isn't someone wearing an unauthorized Silver Star.

they're "just sayin"
                      Last edited by 173rdherd; July 23, 2012, 05:24 AM.
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

It's your car, do what you want, no harm, no foul.
                        Cleve
                        Cape May, NJ
                        2006LH 2007LH 2012LH
                        There's no such thing as "Too much Power", only too little traction.

Comment

Originally posted by pappyhemi View Post
                          It's your car, do what you want, no harm, no foul.
                          Exactly - do what YOU want it's a Free Country thanks to our vets.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I can see it both ways but who am I to tell people what to do?
                            It is not my goal to arrive at Heaven in a perfectly preserved body with no scars or regrets. It is to arrive sliding in sideways, in 4th gear worn out and tattered proclaiming, "wow" what a ride!

Comment

I don't think anyone here is telling him what to do....he asked for opinions, he got 'em.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

we as BS'rs always have plenty of opinions!!!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X