No announcement yet.

2013 PT car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take it on PT and I bet you get in the magazine with it since chevy is a major sponsor
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      What I was wondering too......
      About $1 to charge it from completely dead. Depends on your electric carrier but still rather inexpensive.

Comment

It has a gas tank and you probably have to keep gas in it, even if your commute is within it's electric range. From what I heard the engine runs itself, from time to time, to make sure everything stays in working order. Now my question, how long can that gas stay in the car before going bad? I guess that's a question for Sta-Bil. I wonder how much it uses just for that purpose? That's a question for GM.

Steve! now you have me thinking about getting a Volt. I'd rather give the money to GM than opec(and I'd have a new car).

Comment

I have no personal experience with this car. I like the looks of the car but as someone said, sticker shock will get you. As for the electric bill I read an article that the car took a long time to charge and with the electric bill, it was actually more expensive than operating a gasoline car. Not trying to discourage the op or anyone else. It wont work for me being in mountain snow country but pls keep us posted on the costs as others may be interested!
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
            About $1 to charge it from completely dead. Depends on your electric carrier but still rather inexpensive.
            not what i heard... natural gas will do in the hybrids....if the goverment gets out of the way; but we know how that goes.

Comment

you are flirting with failure if you don't stabil every gallon you buy for anything except what you will use that week. especially 2cycle stuff.
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

been hearing some good reviews about the Volt......not that I'd get one, but it is interesting to hear some of the reviews....now, for the 2013 PT car....a) '69 Z again?; not sure, but it's made several tours; b) '70 Chevelle? going to Woodward in 3 weeks, not sure if I should pound it 2000+ miles across the south; c) 2013 Camaro? (supposedly, car arrived at dealer, will know soon; but, I don't know, doing the tour in a car that has a/c and automatic trans., meaning, I can't sweat like a mule (do mules sweat?) and shift gears every 100 feet, use a towel to wipe off the inside of the windshield in the rain (defroster works like it died years ago).....seems like it takes the "old" out of "old school"...
                Last edited by rexdogg; July 27, 2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

thank you for going green so I can do more of this...

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    been hearing some good reviews about the Volt......not that I'd get one, but it is interesting to hear some of the reviews....now, for the 2013 PT car....a) '69 Z again?; not sure, but it's made several tours; b) '70 Chevelle? going to Woodward in 3 weeks, not sure if I should pound it 2000+ miles across the south; c) 2013 Camaro? (supposedly, car arrived at dealer, will know soon; but, I don't know, doing the tour in a car that has a/c and automatic trans., meaning, I can't sweat like a mule (do mules sweat?) and shift gears every 100 feet, use a towel to wipe off the inside of the windshield in the rain (defroster works like it died years ago).....seems like it takes the "old" out of "old school"...
                    Yes - mules sweat like horses do Dave. You paid your dues over the years, if the new Camaro is in - take it brother. Knowing your tastes it will be cool as hell too.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

my 2013 power tower car is going to be my 57 chevy but I do intend on putting air conditioning in it before then the corvette was just way too damn small

Comment

Got a flyer in the mail today about the Volt. It says that the average consumer will pay about $1.50 to fully recharge their Volt and the electric range is UP TO 35 miles. If thats like horse power claims for speed parts like headers and K&N air filters, most people will get around 30 miles or less on the batteries. That's about 1 to 1.5 gallons of gas(depends on what your car gets for gas mileage) and at $3.50 a gallon, it comes to about $2 to $3.75 a day savings($3.50 to $5.25 minus $1.50).

Between $500 and $1,000 a year in savings(if you drive your cool car on the weekends), depending on variables like the current price of gas and what YOUR car gets for mileage. Wonder how much insurance is on a car like that?

Comment

Steve give us some more detail, how far is your daily commute? Do you need to charge the battery while at work? Does the gas engine run while driving through the hills? Thank you.....
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

with this electric car if you run a power inverter from the 12 powersupply(I sometimes run one to plug in my movie camera) can you charege youself while driving

just wondering
                            Last edited by 55lincoln; August 1, 2012, 03:41 PM.
                            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2012 Northeast Rod Run
                            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

My local Chevy dealer let me drive a Volt for a week back in January. I was completely impressed. It was very cold the week I had it, teens and 20's. It would go a little over 30 miles on the battery and I live in the mountains. I drive a company car so I do not need another commuter car, but I would definitely consider one.
                              http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

A VW TDI makes much more sense in more ways than one. The US needs small diesels.
                                Powertour off/on since 2002
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X