No announcement yet.

2013 PT car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the Judge as usual. No time or finances to get any of the other projects ready to go.
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
      with this electric car if you run a power inverter from the 12 powersupply(I sometimes run one to plug in my movie camera) can you charege youself while driving

just wondering
      You may have to move that thought/question over to the pondering thread
      FKA Redragtop
      (formerly known as)

Comment

ok, update time. i have had the car for a little over a week now, and have put on nearly 300 miles. i have been driving around 40 miles per day round trip and have managed to make it soley on the battery every day. the volt is rated at 35 to 40 miles on the battery, and with easy driving that figure can be exceded easily. my guage reads 4-6 miles left of battery power when i do get home. there is a gauge inside the car that shows kWh used while driving, and going by my last electric bill, it is costing me roughly $1.40 a night to charge. comes out to a savings on nearly $6.50 to $7 a day. overall, very satisfied with the car. nearly 280 lbs of torque so plenty of punch when need be. my route is fairly level so cant say much about hills. the average milage since i have owned the car is 250+ mpg!! i have burnt a gallon of gas in it and for that gallon i still got 44 mpg. i do find myself trying to drive more cautious with it than the gto. i would give the volt as a nice daily communiting car. yet don't get me wrong. if i had my choice, the LeMans would probably be my DD with the GTO second. did this to save on fuel for and the lease was cheap. great opportunity to own a new car with no worries for 2 years.

Comment

new '13 Camaro finally came in, should be in garage w/i next few days (ZL1, IOM (Orange Metallic), carbon fiber hood insert, sunroof, a radio that talks to you (recognizes voice commands) somehow (good, because I get tired of talking to myself), etc.; bring it on the '13 PT? probably not; have some pix in an email attachment, but I forgot how to link them here.....

Comment

Dave, congrats on the new car! What will you drive on PT? Still the Z-28?
            Last edited by moparjim71; August 4, 2012, 07:42 AM.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
              Dave, congrats on the new car! What will you drive on PT? Still the Z-28?
              thanks......probably.....the '70 Chevelle is going to Woodward in almost two weeks (red '70 w/black stripes is their promotional (shirts, magnets, etc.) car, maybe I'll get close to the GM tent....anyway, might bring the Chevelle next year, all depends, I guess...

Comment

Congrats on the new Camaro Dave, can't wait to see it.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  Congrats on the new Camaro Dave, can't wait to see it.
                  thanks....whenever I can find the list of bs'ers that had our email addresses, I can forward the few pix I have....not much, but it's something....

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    thanks....whenever I can find the list of bs'ers that had our email addresses, I can forward the few pix I have....not much, but it's something....
                    Dave send me the pics and I'll post them for you.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                      Dave send me the pics and I'll post them for you.
                      sent via regular email......thanks

Comment

Rexdogg's newest toy! Very nice.

Last edited by BluLightning; August 4, 2012, 11:44 AM.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty !
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

thanks for posting the pix, Bob........car not here (in garage) yet, maybe next few days.....then, I'll probably sit in it for a month and play with all of the buttons....my wife will accuse me of being crazy (again)....
                            Last edited by rexdogg; August 5, 2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Awesome. It doesn't need a thing except driven..........

I saw a 2013 Mustang Cobra tonight at a cruise.....To be honest, it was pretty awesome too. Triple black.....very nice car.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 4, 2012, 07:57 PM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                                sent via regular email......thanks

Very nice.....Great choice of color Dave....
                                Last edited by 66Fury3; August 5, 2012, 07:32 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X