2013 PT car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig the new car.
    Personally, stop fidgiting with the stuff like the stereo, and take it out and just drive the thing. Hard. Like it needs to be driven.
    Rode hard and put away wet, as the midgety wify Mel would say!

Honestly...I love my GTS for the top loader, and banging gears. I just had to run highway gears so I was able to scoot down the road and not spin at 4k at 80mph.
    BUT I added factory AC to my non-ac car.
    2010 was miserable after day 3, and I got tired of going through 5 shirts a day.

On the volt, I'm not a GM guy but the thought of a volt is curious for us. We considered an escape before finances went to hell a few years back.

Personally, I'd just as well pick up a 2 door econocrapbox with a 4 cylinder-5 speed combo...I actually have been rambling about wanting to find a 88-90 Ford Tempo GLS with a 5 speed again so I could knock out around 35 MPG...but I keep wanting to find another Gran Torino for DD duties, like this:

I just need a 90's F series with a 351w/5 speed combo that I could use as a donor vehicle for drivetrain.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Steve, how does the heater work on your electric car? Hows the mileage now?? Any issues with it yet??
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Making progress for 2013. The farm truck should be back better then ever.

I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Looking good Bob.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
            Steve, how does the heater work on your electric car? Hows the mileage now?? Any issues with it yet??
            update: no issues at all so far. the only thing that i have noticed is a decrease in milage on a charge. during the summer is was getting between 42-46 miles on a charge. currently i am sitting at somewhere between36-38 on average. but with me working at the dealership, we have a public use 240v outlet that i am able to charge off of during the day. on the days that it has been colder i am using the remote start on the car while it is still plugged it. that way i am using the outlet to power the car and not the battery. there is 3 setting on the climate control..... Fan, ECO, and Comfort. so far i am just using eco (less power used but less heat also). hasnt been that cold that i have needed any more. 3 monthes in and i have only used 1.2 gallons of gas and have gone just shy of 2600 miles. it would be even better than that if the car didn't force you to run the motor every six weeks for a minium of 10 minutes in order to burn fuel and overall engine maintence. still like the car so far. we will see how it does in the snow.

Comment

Got some new shiny stuff today.

I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Steve, That's 2166 miles per gallon...WOW is all I can say..
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  Got some new shiny stuff today.

WOW...You had Hookers show up at your door or did you have to go get them??
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                    WOW...You had Hookers show up at your door or did you have to go get them??
                    They did come to me but they're not hookers. They're Cannons.
                    I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X