X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin
    replied
    Re: A bunch of hooey - aimless ramblings waiting for PowerTour to start

All good here too, thanks for the concern Bob.

Leave a comment:

• LadyGT
    replied

I'm still around. The storms bypassed my town on Mother's Day but tornados did land in Macon which is about 30 minutes away. During the past year, we have had some close calls. It's scary to think that we had tornados all around us and it's just a matter of time before something comes and hits the Warner Robins area.

Thanks for thinking about me.

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied

Where is Matt?? Denise??

orange95Z, ladyGT
    were the storms near they're Homes???
    I havent seen posts in a while

bob

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied

I have tried autocross enough to know its the Driver being smooooooooooooooth, much more than the car.
    And I An't smooth

Leave a comment:

• shaggn
    replied

OK,got me there,AOD sucks for acceleration...I think I may have let the "cat out of the bag!" ;D

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied

i think the OLD ShoeBox will be just fine at a autocross

There's a AUTOMATIC in that them there JaquarSnake correct?
    and what rearend gears.

Shoebox = 2:87 first, 1.89 second gear 4:33 rear gears

"corner to corner no contest". says JaquarSnake or ShoeBox??

Leave a comment:

• shaggn
    replied

Careful,kitty sits low,has paws the size of a Ferrari,and is nimble like ninja! :D

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied

Is there a autocross on tour this year?

I am ready to challenge Shaggn and the JaquarSnake on the road course.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Leon
    replied

I have the advantage of time - I'm retired so I can spend quite a bit of time on the cars. Just a couple weeks ago we decided to try to get a different car ready, it runs and gets better mileage than the 54 wagon, but we do like taking a different car each year. If we make it with this one, we'll have 6 long hauls in 5 different cars. I just got word that my tires are in, the car is in the shop getting paint and they said I'll have it by Friday, the only thing that has me a bit worried is the rims. No word from them yet. If all else fails I'll take the 54.

Leave a comment:

• shaggn
    replied

ctmwgn-I think the stress is getting you down,finish the wagon,tried and true is the way to go.Paint,we don't need know stink'n paint!

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied

if you drove slower, you could afford another car with the gas savings. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Leave a comment:

• buds blu hhrss
    replied

hey custom wagon dont worry your wagon looked just fine last year i was behind you pulling out of kalamazoo in the blue hhr dont bother painting it

Leave a comment:

• bearphoto
    replied

cstmwgn, dont feel bad. You are in a better position than others. While I have 10 "toy" cars, all of them run, are registered and insured. But, EVERY weekend its something else. Today was a new spoiler for the vette as the last one got broken off. Then its off to work on the next car which has a rear diff noise and the next one is running rough. Last weekend I ran the vette battery down listening to the xm radio while waxing another car. If you'd car to help relieve me of some of this extra stuff, I could actually sit back and relax one weekend.

Leave a comment:

• tcbnj
    replied

allen = we're all pulling for you, fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Bob

No pics of the wagon. Everything but the roof is grey right now. The lower body is ready for final blocking. The roof needs more work - skim coat to address some ripples that they missed when they were assessing the areas of concern.

Funny you should mention the exhaust system. I am currently building a new one for the truck. On the 2006 PT, I won a Flowmaster complete system. I order a 3" mandrel bent off-road system for a late model mustang. I spent today "modifying" it to fit on my truck. I need to go by the other house and look for some flanges so that I can do the final mock-up next weekend. Then I will need to take all the pieces to a muffler shop/welder to have them stick them all back together. This is an example of the "not yet needed" work. The glass packs that are on it now are only about 18 years old and you can barely hear the baffles ratting when it is idling :

I still need to replace the front pads (should be in on Tuesday) and somehow get the powersteering hoses replaced. The problem is that I have a custom high pressure hose and Napa needs a day to make me a new one. This is the ONLY running vehicle I have right now so it is going to be difficult to take if off the road for a day to get the hose made. It isn't leaking bad enough to keep the truck from being drivable BUT I really don't like to leave on these little jaunts with KNOWN mechanical issues.

I haven't even begun to think about how I am going to keep all the personal belongings dry should we end up taking the truck. That stuff can wait till the week we leave - think "Beverly Hillbillies". :

Leave a comment:

Working...
X