HRPT-Little Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRPT-Little Rock

Hi all-Hrm here. According to what I have been told, entry to fairgrounds for Friday and Saturday will be on Schiller Street to Gate 11.

As I previously mentioned, directional signage [east and west] will be placed on Roosevelt. We will have a banner installed at Schiller as well as my staff and LRPD stationed at the corner of Schiller to point all in right direction. Additionally, I have asked our police department to shift Schiller to be a one-way [both lanes] to Gate 11. Gate 11 can handle a two lane entry. Family Events staff will take it from there for continued entry to registration area.

And, by the way, if you were in Little Rock for the finale last year you will remember the registration area was a tad cumbersome. However, although in the same lot - registration trailer has been moved back towards the end of the west-side of the parking lot, which leaves most of the lot available for parking prior to reaching the registration area.

Also previously reported, this same entry will be used for Cruisapalooza parage staging. However, I am still waiting for confirmation on which lot we will stage in. Hopefully, I will have that confirmation by mid-next week.

Hope that helps - thanks much, hrm

Re: HRPT-Little Rock

Thanks Carol, again you are the greatest. Hope to meet you in LR. ;D
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I too look forward to meeting you, many thanks, hrm

Comment

hey carol can you tell me how to get to the rigth gate i will be coming into town on i 40 form oklahoma thanks anthony

Comment

Originally posted by 89protruck
          hey carol can you tell me how to get to the rigth gate i will be coming into town on i 40 form oklahoma thanks anthony
          Sorry for delayed response.

You will veer onto I-30 from I-40 [stay to your right once on I-30.]
          Take the East Roosevelt-Fairgrounds exit [I-30]
          After the exit, turn right at the traffic light-you will be headed east on Roosevelt.
          You will go through six traffic lights. T
          Turn left onto Schiller Street, which will take you to Gate 11.

I will have a banner indicating so on the corner of Schiller, believe FE will, as well. LRPD and a staff member of mine will be at the corner helping all in. Note: Schiller is two lanes and typically a two-way street. However, for HRPT I have asked LRPD to make both lanes one way headed into Gate 11 and they have agreed to do so.

Hope this helps, hrm

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Dolan
            Originally posted by 89protruck
            Sorry for delayed response.

You will veer onto I-30 from I-40 [stay to your right once on I-30.]
            Take the East Roosevelt-Fairgrounds exit [I-30]
            After the exit, turn right at the traffic light-you will be headed east on Roosevelt.
            You will go through six traffic lights. T
            Turn left onto Schiller Street, which will take you to Gate 11.

I will have a banner indicating so on the corner of Schiller, believe FE will, as well. LRPD and a staff member of mine will be at the corner helping all in. Note: Schiller is two lanes and typically a two-way street. However, for HRPT I have asked LRPD to make both lanes one way headed into Gate 11 and they have agreed to do so.

Hope this helps, hrm
            thanks

Comment

has anyone put carol up for sainthood yet? ;)
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                has anyone put carol up for sainthood yet? ;)
                I second that motion. ;D
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Hi Carol....the Fabulous Susie K and myself (mike) are going to try and help as best we can(at request of Linda Cheapstreet) with co-ordinating forum freaks and the VA show....so we will want to be on same page as your local folks. will contact you when we get more from Linda. Thanks for all your hard work.
                  Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

That sounds great - The Pontiac Club mentioned the cruise at their meeting this past Sunday and I announced during the evening this past Friday at my monthly cruise. This is great - I am getting so excited and cannot wait to meet all of you great folks that I have been communicting w/ on this forum!

As you all know [and believe I have posted this] all parade participants will receive a special dash plaque when you stage. Additionally, I have Hot Rod Power Tour buttons and Cruisapalooza buttons ready to handout. I am going to try and distrubte to our hotels so HRPT participants will have one upon their arrival to hotel. Of course, we have many hotels so if you great people will let me know where some of you are staying I will try and make sure I deliver to those properties. That failing, please know that I will have them at my city host table and registration Friday and Saturday.

Can I just say one more time - I so appreciate Hot Rod Magazine for allowing our great city and state to part of what is the most awesome car event - you guys know "grandaddy of all tours!" I have just about got my 66 Nova ready to go [cleaned and motor all checked out] - plan to have her in the parade!

Please let me know if you guys and gays need anything prior to arriving in The Rock! hrm

Comment

Carol, are you joining us on the Tour, if not you should. Again Thanks. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Dolan
                        I am going to try and distrubte to our hotels so HRPT participants will have one upon their arrival to hotel. Of course, we have many hotels so if you great people will let me know where some of you are staying I will try and make sure I deliver to those properties. That failing, please know that I will have them at my city host table and registration Friday and Saturday.
                        Carol, this thread might help you out with where everyone is staying.

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well, I am hopefully to join the tour to Lincoln, Nebr. My hubby and grandson are for sure going to Lincoln. Depends on my work schedule - love my job but it is 90 ways of crazy! I have our annual two-day show in October and I have let plans set idle for Big Cruisefest in the Rock and have kept my focus on HRPT and CP. However, if I can't go when tour heads out, I plan to fly into Lincoln, Nebraska the day the tour arrives and at least enjoy everyone and all for that day and evening!

But I am a good sport. Even if i don't get to leave with tour - and since my hubby is still working on his 37 Ford, I am going to let he and grandson take my 66 Nova - what a gal huh?

Defintely be at Cruisapalooza and HRPT in Little Rock. thanks for the invite, hrm

Comment

Thanks for leading me to the hotel info. From what I can tell, via where I work at CVB, lots of hotels are being used throughout the city - that is very good. Again, thanks much, hrm

Comment

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:28:35 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              has anyone put carol up for sainthood yet?

You guys are wild and crazy aren't you! I am so glad that Leon encouraged me to sign up and talk to everyone - y'all make my day! hrm

Comment

Working...
                              X