Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody planning on attending the Fall Street Machine Nats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody planning on attending the Fall Street Machine Nats???

Just got a card from family events for this event... to be held in springfield, mo. on september 29&30th... sounds like it might be fun!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

I did last year and was disappointed by the turnout. They said 1000 cars but I can believe half that. Not going back this year.
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Our 7th Annual car show is the 29th....we're almost right on the way......
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Patrick, We have been a couple of times. It's not a bad show. Not going this year. The next weekend we will be in Eureka Springs Arkansas for Corvette Weekend. The week before is our car club's show in Jefferson City.
        Jim & Maureen
        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

well, i just was wondering if anyone else would be planning on this and figured it might be fun to run into our friends again!! the point is moot now anywho... tammy's on OT
          10's and Sats possibly until further notice... I have multiple shutdowns to look forward to, and, the work at home doesn't just happen...
          we don't burn the candle at both ends.. we douse it in gasoline, and throw it in the nearest bonfire!!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We used to always go to the Street Machine Nationals in Springfield,IL in the 80's. Was big then and a LOT of fun. Seems like a lot of those cars now attend the Car Craft Summer Nats in St. Paul. It seems like the one big show has been fragmented into several smaller, more regional shows.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

O'Reilly Auto Parts used to make a big deal out of the show because Springfield is their headquarters. It has toned down quite a bit over the past 5 or 6 years especially since the flap over the show moving from Springfield to Little Rock and then back to Springfield.
              Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; August 22, 2012, 10:50 AM.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

I went once like 10 years ago. It rained a bunch bet we still had a good time. They had like 1500ish cars I guess back then. Good size show. Bummer to hear it is so much smaller now. It was a land of totally crazy rides 10 years ago.
                1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

there is a Facebook page trying to get the street machine nats back to duquion il. according to the Facebook page if they could get 500 cars they would have it in duquion in 2013 if not it would be 2014 for sure.

from Facebook page
                  Bring the Street Machine Nationals back to Duquoin IL.
                  July 23.Got some news ! I've been talking to my good buddy Toby Brooks for the "Street Machine Reunion" Facebook page and he has been in contact with the folks from Family events and the DuQuoin State Fair Grounds. The word is that if they can get 500 participants it will be back in 2013 but if not 2014 will be a for sure thing. So if you would like to be a participant for 2013 I would contact Family Events and tell them you want it back in Duquoin and that you want to be a participant.....just maybe we all can get the ball rolling for 2013! Lets bring it back to Duquoin !! And Please Share!!

Comment

from street machine nationals facebook fans page:

Just heard from Family Events (used to be Special Events back in the day),that they signed a contract with Duquoin to hold a Street Machine National at the Duquoin fairgrounds in 2013!!!!! It may be called the Street Machine Nationals Reuion and it will have CarCraft Magazine as the title sponsor!!!!! Will be the third or fourth weekend in June 2013 and should have a official press release out in CarCraft Magazine in a few months!!!! WHOOOHOOO....come on all you original Nationals people....get ready!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X