Drag Week 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
    We had a great time in Topeka and Great Bend last year watching Bob other BS'rs make some great passes and visiting with Alan, Ed & Mary, Phil, George and others.
    Yep - wish it was closer this year -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
      Is that a closet trailer queen?

Comment

No - Boob just brought that along for shade.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

What's with the trailers? I thought they drove the cars and pulled a trailer if needed.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

They are allowed to trailer to the starting track....then at a specified time, the trailers are sequestered until the event is over.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 29, 2012, 09:41 AM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yep -that pic was on test n tune day (Sunday) and it was just before or just after the Monday morning drivers meeting they locked all the trailers up. One guy was late and got the boot right then.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

That makes a lot of sense since the starting point would be much farther away for some and closer for others.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

OK, thanks for setting me straight.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

56 is close enough to leave
                    just a couple of tunng issues with 850 carb
                    and trailer tire installation
                    bob

Comment

Safe travels guys - we be wid ya -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hopefully the "force" will be with them. Just go kick some ass and don't even bother taking names
                        FKA Redragtop
                        (formerly known as)

Comment

Regrettfully, I am no longer able to go on DragWeek

PLEASE come out and encourage Boob to continue with out me!

Comment

Alan - Matt and I will take over as Bob's wingmen, another guy from Michigan is going to caravan with us southward, Carl - a newbie here, has a wicked 55 Belair - I'm sure he and Bob will get along famously.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Really gonna miss seeing you Allen, I hope the change in plans isn't due to something serious.
                              It will be good to see you again John, and Matt.......we'll be there Saturday afternoon and most of Sunday. We had planned on staying until everybody headed out on Monday, but work interferes with plan so we'll head home Sunday afternoon.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 5, 2012, 07:14 AM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We don't know when we'll be there yet on Saturday - but it will be Saturday for sure. Will you be at the track on Sunday?
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X