No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John was turning in a timeslip but Matt was pretty happy with that 14.22 from what I could tell... kinda hard to tell with him and that bigass grin and kind of excited chatter coming out of him. lol.

John, I'll catch up with you before y'all leave, sorry I missed you. I think y'all were in the driver's meeting when I got this one:

Couple of shots of the Sean and Shawn's , I missed some runs standing in line for beer, and then the beer return line (no lines for the girls side, I almost went in there)

and Mike's (I think?) are you in second?! Nice.

Nesabo must have had a fun slip n slide ride, 13.50 at 114! Sorry man, somehow I don't have a picture of Plan B.

Dignlife Rich has whizzed off the DW gremlins somehow - hopefully the Gremmies stayed in Tulsa.

I blame too much tire - l had Monica stand by one for scale. jeebus.

This freaking guy cost me 5.00 just by showing up and ran a decent 13.26 at 110.

If you can't read it , it says Untuned Unmodified Unspoonsored and Unknown all over the door - guy is wearing a black helmet and black Ford drving suit and NOT running his a/c in the lanes. I was impressed... irrepressible. I'm letting the cat out of the bag but with OUTSIDER shoe polished on the back window, anybody wanna guess who this was?

The guy on the left belongs with the kickass little wagon on the left. He's not our intrepid outsider, who has a BangSHIFT sticker flying in that sea of stickers somewhere. I won't even say anything about the manhood robbing first run except you can't keep a good man down. A 13.2 at 110 says good things about the current crop of daily drivers out there.

I blew several photo ops including Randal with a package of bailing wire, I was pretty overwhelmed by the whole scene. I'm almost glad I didn't take a car - this was CRAZY stimulus for the "labrador at the scene of a tennis ball factory explosion". I overloaded a bit in fact. I meant to try and say hi to Bob et al and I'm sure I missed lots of folks via picture / introduction. Hopefully during the rest of the week...

Continued good luck to you guys!
    Last edited by Beagle; September 11, 2012, 06:59 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Good for him showing up! Looks like he's now an insider ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Make that a 14.22 - but it sure was satisfying to keep that 'vette behind me, driving the car on the strip for the first time.

I thought the .333 reaction time was particularly fantastic.... yawn.
        Glad I got the Corvette part right......
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Heard from Keith today, he ran another 12.8 with a .020 reaction time.
          Trying to stay with the 'live coverage' tape....boob just ran an 11.57........
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Sounds like Keith might be able to run faster if he can get enough fuel to it on the top end. Boob is doing really well and should make the cutoff easily
            FKA Redragtop
            (formerly known as)

Comment

There's a conspiracy that keeps me from seeing Bob run. Today's excuse is rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                Sounds like Keith might be able to run faster if he can get enough fuel to it on the top end. Boob is doing really well and should make the cutoff easily
                I think you're right about that Mike, he said he was looking for a higher output fuel pump.
                After Tuesday, boob was in 9th place, but so far I can't find Wednesday's results........
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  I think you're right about that Mike, he said he was looking for a higher output fuel pump.
                  After Tuesday, boob was in 9th place, but so far I can't find Wednesday's results........
                  Been watchin the live feeds too. The 56 is lookin GREAT ! Think he is up to 7th?
                  The old shoebox is motivating me to run DW in 13. Since Bob is my Hero, I don't think I have a choice . . . I have to do it ! He sure makes it sound like fun.

Wantin to do everything DTB
                  DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Just got Friday's schedule from Keith.......track opens at 2, racing from 4 till 10........gonna be a late night!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Boob just ran an 11.71 @ 114 MPH then hot-lapped to an 11.77
                      I hope I can spell Mr. Consistent as well as he runs that puppy.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thank you for keeping us posted!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Boob just ran an 11.71 @ 114 MPH then hot-lapped to an 11.77
                          I hope I can spell Mr. Consistent as well as he runs that puppy.
                          better watch that red for the brackets.
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

looks like rain tonight.
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                              looks like rain tonight.
                              and it is here.

Comment

We're coming anyway...if nothing else to see all of our BS friends one more time this year!! Should be there around 1:00.
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 14, 2012, 06:23 AM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X