Are the hatches battened down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the hatches battened down?

Have all you BSers in Florida and along the Gulf coast got your hurricane prep done yet?
    Good luck to all of you!
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 24, 2012, 11:22 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Have all you BSers in Florida and along the Gulf coast got your hurricane prep done yet?
    Good luck to all of you!
    Ed, bring it!!! Oh, wait, I'm in the Northern part of Alabama.... Hee Hee.

But in all seriousness, Bishir, you better be bracing yourself brother!!
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

Only a Cat 1 at worst, no big deal...lots of rain and some flooding, nothing we haven't seen before.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Can you send me some hatches so I have something to batten down?

Comment

I see it's forecast to stay a 'minor' storm.....tons of moisture and a little wind......perhaps the hatches (except the one on the back of the wagon) are of little concern. Waders might be more appropriate.
          We could use some of that rain....haven't had a significant amount of precip here since May 31. Even the carp have ticks.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Can you send me some hatches so I have something to batten down?
            If you have H-E-B grocery stores there you can get them Roasted on site for $38 a case and freeze them for use all year or buy them fresh for about $1 @ lb. but I have never tried to batten them.
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

take care folks... Grandpa is getting out.... his place in Ft. Myers floods with only a small shower
              Sean
              LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
              Drivin' it home!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
              But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by AMeanXtreme View Post
                take care folks... Grandpa is getting out.... his place in Ft. Myers floods with only a small shower
                Good luck Sean, hope you don't get too wet!
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Sitting on the Bullseye, @ least today's one. Not to concerned @ this point, as long as it doesn't get bigger than predicted.
                  LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Not too worried about a Cat1 though I have a feeling this thing could get up to a cat3 if it stays off the coast. There are more factors than windspeed. Size and duration matter and this is looking large... I've got plenty of insurance in case of the worst..

For those that aren't familiar with FL insurance practices.. Your wind deductible is usually 5-10% of your homes worth. That's a lot of out of pocket for most folks in case they need a new roof etc... though anyone built to current code shouldnt worry about a cat1. Worst part is usually the tornados that spin off...
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                      ... need a new roof etc...
                      Screw the roof - I am worried about protecting the ice!

Comment

I hope it doesn't become to strong, right now its path is straight at my lake house, not to worried about hurricane winds its those damn tornadoes it makes.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

It's sunny and 90 degrees here.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Same here, was a beautiful day today. Spent most of it at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford. They had a open house for friends and family which we got to attend. Drove a few new cars on a course at black lake and did a ride along with one of their drivers doing some spinning around. Was a great day!

Hope the hurricane stays well behaved and those of you in Florida all stay safe!
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I was stationed at Cory Field in Pensacola in August of 1969 when Camille formed in the Atlantic. We were lucky but the folks on the gulf coast of Mississippi were not. Horrible damage there. I think that it still ranks as one of the top three in history. Best of luck to everyone down there.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                              X