2008 HRPT Driving Directions......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 HRPT Driving Directions......

the route, as posted on the HR website.....linked below.....anyone with any thoughts, ideas, opinions, knowledge of the local routes?...........http://krang.hotrod.com/powertour/hr...directions.pdf

Re: 2008 HRPT Driving Directions......

Just had gone over there to check and saw that they were released. Thanks for posting the link.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z
      Just had gone over there to check and saw that they were released. Thanks for posting the link.
      Yeah, now what I'm hoping for is those who really know the routes (unlike me) will jump in with ideas, opinions, etc.....and, for what it's worth, I just checked my email, saw a confirmation email letter from family events, containing show information, hours of operation, etc., etc......

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Me 3!

Must be gettin' closer every minute!

Comment

If locals know high or low prices for gas, let us in on it!
            LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Couple of cents worth.

In Ames Lincoln Way is the main drag through Ames. Only .7 miles but some college kids are still there and traffic can be tough. Hwy 69 gets you out quickly. Hwy 69 is fairly smooth and good driving last time I took it. Hwy 20 is a 4 lane, fairly good road. Travel is fast like interstate. Hwy 63 is basicaly 2 lane but takes you north to Rochester with smaller towns along the route. Hwy 14 from Rochester along the river to Lacrosse is breautiful. Going east to Madison is also very nice and scenic. Mostly 2 lane with periods of 4 lane.

Fuel in Mason City Kum and Go is about $3.64/89 octane Ethanol blend unleaded, $3.67/87 octane regular unleaded and $3.87/91 octane premium.

Comment

Got my driving directions today did anyone notice where are all the free breakfast or lunch stops
                Whats going on :

Comment

Key in the zip code for the location you want prices and BAM! There ya go!

Ronk
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

i think they mean the lincolin airport and not the omaha are am i wrong

Take I-80 East/Omaha/Muni Airport –
                    bear right
                    184.6 miles Exit 399 – W. Cornhusker Hwy - at end

Comment

The route from Rochester to Madison takes you through my town, Winona. I know these roads pretty well.

Hwy14 from Rochester to Winona is a 2 lane blacktop and is in good condition. It was resurfaced in the last couple of years and is pretty smooth. The first 40 miles or so will be farmland. Shortly after the town of Lewiston, you head down into the valley. You drive a winding road through the valley and through the small town of Stockton. After Stockton, you will drive up and over the ridge seperating Stockton and Winona. This valley was damaged by last years bad flood. You can still see some of the damage done. Stockton was almost swept away.

As you near Winona, there are still some older sections in the road, nothing real bad. Hwy14/61 through town is old and a bit rough but not real bad. East of town about a mile or so, the road surface gets better than it is in town but get in the left lane as you leave town, its somewhat smoother than the right lane. As leave town, look to your right and see the hotrod car dealership there. I'm sure there will be plenty of cars on display there.

Hwy14/61 through Winona, and south to the LaCrescent exit, is 4 lane divided. Hwy14/61 continues south along the Mississippi river and is a very nice drive with the river on your left and the bluffs on your right. It merges with I90 and the roads are combined for a bit and seperate again just as I90 turns east and heads over the river into LaCrosse.

The route splits from I90 there and continues a bit further south into the small town of LaCrescent Mn. In LaCrescent you turn left at the light and head east to go over the river and into LaCrosse. Just across the bridge (now in downtown LaCrosse), you will turn right to follow Hwy14/61 through the south part of town (4 lane). As you leave town, you will turn east (left, so prepare to get into the left lane) and follow Hwy14 towards Madison. I am not familiar with that stretch of road. Perhaps someone from WI can help with info about that segment of the drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X