Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rods Official Directions are up

YAY!!!

HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.

Re: Hot Rods Official Directions are up

Bout time. :

Comment

Well, when leaving Rochester, they are taking you right through town here. This is a good route. It will be farmland at first. Then down into a valley. Through the valley and then up over the ridge and down into Winona. Turn right and through town and along the Mississippi River. The section along the river is a 4 lane divided road that merges with I90 for a few miles as they both need to share the limited roadway, then off I90 into LaCrescent MN. In LaCrescent, you turn left to cross the river into LaCrosse WI. Just across the river, you will be in downtown LaCrosse. Turn right at the end of the bridge and follow that road out of town.

I'll have to check out the WI part of the route. Along the valley road just before Winona, you'll see some of the lingering flood damage. You'll also pass through the small town of Stockton that nearly got swept away.

The road between Rochester and Winona was mostly resurfaced in the last couple of years and is in good condition. Hwy14/61 through Winona is a bit worse but a mile or so east of town it gets better again. As you head out the east side of town, look to your right and check out the hot rod car dealership there.

Comment

I made a word document that I divided the directions up so there is one day per page. I know it's anal, but we make a book with all our documents that we need for each day divided up. If anybody wants a copy of the divided directions just let me know. ;)
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'm in Bob.

Anything to make my life easier.

Would you email your directions to me at:

[email protected]

Thanks much,

Jon

Comment

You got them. Let me know if there's a problem.
            I R Bob
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bob, shoot them over my way, sounds good
              Living the dream!

Comment

On their way Buddy.
                I R Bob

Comment

I'd like a copy too !!! please [email protected] Btw I'm from Wooster thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3csalvage
                    I'd like a copy too !!! please [email protected] Btw I'm from Wooster thanks!!!!!
                    Nice, another Buckeye. You have mail. ;D
                    I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                      I made a word document that I divided the directions up so there is one day per page. I know it's anal, but we make a book with all our documents that we need for each day divided up. If anybody wants a copy of the divided directions just let me know. ;)
                      I also have each day in a book please send one my way
                      at [email protected]

Thanks
                      copilot
                      mrs crankshaf

Comment

Originally posted by crankshaft
                        I also have each day in a book please send one my way
                        at [email protected]

Thanks
                        copilot
                        mrs crankshaf
                        You should have them in your email.
                        I R Bob

Comment

i also have a book. it sounds like you aren't the only anal one. i've already mapped the route out in my atlas. please send the directions my way too:
                          [email protected]
                          thanks
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

thanks blulightning, great idea, i just did mine. ;DCopycat ;D

Comment

I really appreciate that I am not the only one with a BOOK! My wife says I make a 3 ring binder about everything.........
                              Not quite but I have learned to be organized about travel and trips and when I need the info she gets real quiet. Got a little tear in my eye knowing I am not alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X