Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 63 falcon View Post
    Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
    All of the cars you see are great. Most of the time the drives are beautiful. But the best part of HRPT is seeing our freak friends every year and partaking in cold adult beverafes in the evening to shoot the breeze, swap our "no bull shit stories" and relax!!! It doesn't get any better than that!!
    I think that i have drank to that !!!!!!!!
    ...For 7 days in 7 cities....
    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

PT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Comment

Hey buddy - How's my favorite XLR doing ? Haven't run it off the track yet have ya ?
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE View Post
        we used to show up at car shows and were given a goody bag and door prizes! FOR NOTHING! Now it big dollars to sit and sweat w/ your car.
        NO THANKS!
        I personally think POWER TOUR is OVERPRICED...then again so is GOOD GUYS. jmho
        7 shows in 7 days, thats like $11.43 a show!! Plus the goodie bag and credential where ya get the vendor SWAG. More than pays for itself. If you do the tshirt deal you get a free jacket also. It is what ya all put into it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1970NOVASS View Post
          7 shows in 7 days, thats like $11.43 a show!! Plus the goodie bag and credential where ya get the vendor SWAG. More than pays for itself. If you do the tshirt deal you get a free jacket also. It is what ya all put into it!

maybe if you beam yourself from venue to venue! most people eat, sleep and drive.
          thats exactly my point of accepting what is the way it is.
          not starting any argument; just as well accept NFL referees too!

Comment

... just as well accept NFL referees too!
            CMON MAN - that was clearly a touchdown!

Comment

maybe if you beam yourself from venue to venue! most people eat, sleep and drive.
              thats exactly my point of accepting what is the way it is.
              not starting any argument; just as well accept NFL referees too!
              Yes there are expenses each day. You stated it is overpriced. That infers the registration fee. I was showing what the registration fee is each day, thats cheap! The other stuff sure you need gas and hotel but that is part of my "Vacation"!! You do need to eat also, but you also eat at home.

Comment

Originally posted by 1970NOVASS View Post
                Yes there are expenses each day. You stated it is overpriced. That infers the registration fee. I was showing what the registration fee is each day, thats cheap! The other stuff sure you need gas and hotel but that is part of my "Vacation"!! You do need to eat also, but you also eat at home.
                first of all...to state "you eat at home also" the meal cost you state i dcoubt equals the cost at home.
                that being said.........let me leave this discussion with a question.

WHAT DOES F.E. / HRM provide you for your entry fee? those trinkets from the vendors are not provided, unless you visit them, thats what they are given out for.
                goodies bags have no value in them. and the nitely sideshow is again sponsor supplied goods.

lastly, there is no tour w/o the participants!!!
                Last edited by Guest; September 26, 2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

They provide me with an itinerary for a weeks worth of fun, provide a place large enough to hold my 3000 closest friends in a new location everyday, take me on roads I may have never travelled, and gives me stories to tell my Grandkids. Besides all the side trips like Bratfest, Cajunfest, Kickoff at Bruces'...... I'm in for that for under $100, but them I'm a republican and don't mind paying my way.

SHE JUST GRINNED HER GRIN AND WIPED HER CHIN AND SAID "I DON'T DANCE FOR FREE"
                  (ENCINITAS AIN'T CHEAP NO MORE)
                  Last edited by 173rdherd; September 26, 2012, 04:11 PM.
                  Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                    They provide me with an itinerary for a weeks worth of fun, provide a place large enough to hold my 3000 closest friends in a new location everyday, take me on roads I may have never travelled, and gives me stories to tell my Grandkids. Besides all the side trips like Bratfest, Cajunfest, Kickoff at Bruces'...... I'm in for that for under $100, but them I'm a republican and don't mind paying my way.

SHE JUST GRINNED HER GRIN AND WIPED HER CHIN AND SAID "I DON'T DANCE FOR FREE"
                    (ENCINITAS AIN'T CHEAP NO MORE)
                    amen, my brother.....amen! rexx!

Comment

the Encinitas reference if you're interested

Ash Underwood & Myrtle Diesel
                      Last edited by 173rdherd; September 27, 2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                        the Encinitas reference if you're interested

Ash Underwood & Myrtle Diesel
                        I went out and found it. I was impressed - a local group from San Diego - never heard of them before but it has been several years since I lived there.

Comment

the local rock station put out a series of albums called Homegrown (this is from Homegrown V) where the bands submitted original material for consideration each year.....I was there(S.D.) in 77 and got this album and always liked this track. Myrtle Diesel was very popular at clubs.

Comment

Working...
                          X