Skyline Drive??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline Drive??????

I've driven it once before (south to north), but I'm looking for some input and opinions from others who have driven it more than once.

I am comtemplating taking a roadtrip down there again, maybe even setting up a group trip from New England, so my question is........ which way do people prefer to drive it? South to north, or north to south? Any reasons why you prefer one way over the other?

thanks
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

I would guess it's up to you which way you want to run. I have always gone from South to North each time I have gone. I live about 1 hr north of the top end and if you need any info on planing a trip let me know. I have planned a few in that area and there are alot of nice back roads you can hit along the way. It does get very busy in the Fall. It also cost $15.00 I think. let me know if I can be any help.

Comment

Thanks man. If I go, it wouldn't be in the fall because that's to close to NERR's annual trip

The reason I asked which way might be best, is because there are a few roads in the mountains around here that are much better going one way over the other, because of the scenery that you end up with. Some are even better west to east because you might be going downhill most of the time, so you get better views looking out over everything
      1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
      2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
      2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
      X