Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Drove From Chattanooga to Concord!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Drove From Chattanooga to Concord!!!

Fellow BS'rs and Hot Rod Power Participants;

I thought I would this bit of information. I realize that the route is not posted, and Lord knows when Hot Rod and/or Family Events will release it, but I wanted to share my experiences traveling from Chattanooga to Concord.

I went with a very good, close personal friend that bought a car in Concord. From Chattanooga we went up to Knoxville and then jumped on I40 through the mountains. It was absolutely Beautiful and Gorgeous!!

The speed limit, which is merely suggested if your Boob or Allen, is 55 MPH throughout most of I40. Once you get out of the mountains, it goes up to 65 MPH. We stopped twice for fuel and to stretch our legs, and it took us right at 6 hours to get to Concord. The dealership was literally right by the Speedway and Dragstrip.

Now for the bad news; just a few miles from the our exit, Bruton Smith BLVD, this is MAJOR construction on I85! We arrived around 2:00 in the afternoon, on a Friday, and traffic was a bitch!! Throw in 2K classic muscle cars and it'll be worse. By looking at the construction, I doubt it'll be done by June. It was a huge interstate interchange that they are building.

I now know someone that lives and works right down the street, so as time get's closer, I'll try to keep everyone updated on the best way to get to ZMaxx Dragstrip.

Like I said, just info that I thought would be helpful....
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

"very good, close personal friend"

food for imoral thought
    boob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post

food for imoral thought
      boob
      TMI....or not enough?

seriously though, thanks for the scouting report and as time nears,be sure to keep us updated !!
      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Bucky, Thanks for the first look at Concord. I talked to Derrick this weekend at the cruise-in. He is excited about his Camaro and going on HRPT 2013.
        Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; October 1, 2012, 03:45 AM.
        Jim & Maureen
        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post

food for imoral thought
          boob
          Boob, you had me laughing there. A very good friend that I work with purchased a car up there and I went to help her drive. And when I say just friends, I couldn't stress that any harder. We haven't crossed that line and I'm not sure if we will. I haven't really got into the dating scene, as my time is consumed with my two kiddo's and school.

With that being said........ You never know what the future can bring. It's all up to the Good Lord.
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
            Bucky, Thanks for the first look at Concord. I talked to Derrick this weekend at the cruise-in. He is excited about his Camaro and going on HRPT 2013.
            I wish I could have been up there Jim. When I was on the phone with Derek, it occurred to me that I was up there one year ago with Jade. In fact, that's when you showed your son my car, and ya'll had his Nova up town. Come to think of it, that's the only time that my own Father has seen Jade finished....

I did hear that it was a good turnout at the car show. Where was Danny T?!
            sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Update

Just so everyone knows, the interchange that is under major construction is I485, which is exit 48. Our exit for Bruton Smith BLVD is exit 49.

Now, there are a few ways to get to the Dragstrip and/or Lowes Motor Speedway. Highway 29, N Tryon St, runs straight to both of them. The dealership was also off that same road, so we took that exit and bypassed all the construction and traffic mess.

When we left, we jumped on I85 South right at Bruton Smith BLVD and that is where I saw all the traffic and construction on the North Bound Lanes.

Hope this helps some....
              sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

"And when I say just friends"

sure sure i do understand

"yea who protests to much"

Good Skill in friendship development
                boob

Comment

When I read "Update", I thought the "just friends" had changed.
                  Living the dream!

Comment

Just friends,JUST FRIENDS...Really.. Listen to your self..."I couldn't stress that any harder. We haven't crossed that line and I'm not sure if we will."..Do you see the part where you say "Not sure if I will" Bucky, we love you but come on..You need to be straight we US..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

You never know when "magic" will happen...especially if there are any Houdinis around
                      FKA Redragtop
                      (formerly known as)

Comment

Sorry Bucky, I had to!

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          Sorry Bucky, I had to!

some good stuff there....so, I'm thinking.......will I make a friend somewhere between Chattanooga and Charlotte, or anywhere on the Power Tour?.....if I do make a friend, do I have to tell my wife, and if I do, will she approve?.....rexx!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1 View Post
                            When I read "Update", I thought the "just friends" had changed.
                            Bahahahahaha!!! You're SO freak'n funny. LMAO
                            sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                              Just friends,JUST FRIENDS...Really.. Listen to your self..."I couldn't stress that any harder. We haven't crossed that line and I'm not sure if we will."..Do you see the part where you say "Not sure if I will" Bucky, we love you but come on..You need to be straight we US..
                              Rett, ya'll are reading WAY to much into this.... LOL. I can't listen to myself, because I'm typing this....... Ha Ha Ha!! Are you telling me that in this day and age, two adults can't be just friends?!?! Just because we happen to be of the opposite sex, doesn't mean that we're anything more than friends.
                              sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X