Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
    it's set I'm in
    Leave no man behind!! I know that weekend of the trip, I'm going to be wishing I was with you guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post

If only we could all be lucky enough to follow in Bob's shoes when we get to that point in our life, then we will be doing ok
      I hear you, I'm working towards that. I'll let you know how it works out in about 20 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
        I hear you, I'm working towards that. I'll let you know how it works out in about 20 years!!
        Sounds good! hopefully you will have trouble finding me, because maybe I'll be travelling all over the country doing different car related stuff
        1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
        2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
        2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Glad you got your rooms Bruce. My brother and some others are still trying to locate rooms in the same area as us.

Kind of tough now though, because the trip is only 5 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!

Comment

Just talked to our Saturday night hotel and they said they are booked solid.

I just wanted to confirm that because other attendees are telling me they are having to book at other hotels. We blocked off 20 rooms at our primary location and those all got filled. As I said, we already have some people booked at other locations and still have more people that haven't even booked yet.

Comment

Just talked to our Saturday night hotel and they said they are booked solid.

I just wanted to confirm that because other attendees are telling me they are having to book at other hotels. We blocked off 20 rooms at our primary location and those all got filled. As I said, we already have some people booked at other locations and still have more people that haven't even booked yet.
              TJ,
              Every year I did the block of rooms for our group on Power Tour, I'd always lose a couple to someone who it wasn't intended for. That was with using a different name than "Power Tour, or Hot Rod Group". I was always tempted to call us a fishing group or bowling group to really differentiate from the rest of the Power Tourers!

It sounds like you're going to have a pretty big group this year if you've sold out 20 rooms already! I'm already starting to miss seeing you guys....

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
                It sounds like you're going to have a pretty big group this year if you've sold out 20 rooms already! I'm already starting to miss seeing you guys....
                Not to throw to much man-love around on here, but I was really bummed that I couldn't make at least part of your run this summer.

I know Hollie is already talking about missing Alou on this year's trip, because she says that Alou is the only other one that needs as many bathroom breaks as she does. LOL!!!

Comment

Not to throw to much man-love around on here, but I was really bummed that I couldn't make at least part of your run this summer.

I know Hollie is already talking about missing Alou on this year's trip, because she says that Alou is the only other one that needs as many bathroom breaks as she does. LOL!!!
                  lol, I'll be sure to pass that info on!!
                  Wish you could have made it too. It was a great trip and the ride was fantastic! Looks like we're back to Power Tour next year...

Comment

This year's windshield banner
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	872322

Here are two other stickers that will be available for purchase on this year's trip. They are available with either black or blue lettering
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	001 (2).jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	872323Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (2).jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	872324

Lots of new trip info coming out this week and next, over on NERR's forum

Comment

Banners look Great.

Getting 56 ready, tires, carb, oil change.
                      Can't Wait for this years cruise.

Comment

where you staying Thursday night?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think Bruce and a couple from Michigan are both staying at the same place in Westminster, MA. Those of us leaving from the south and east are going to kickoff on Friday morning, from Mt Wachusett this year (the Village Inn is only about 10 minutes away). If the weather is clear, we're probably going to take a short ride to the top of the mountain before we hit the road.

I believe they are staying at the Wachusett Village Inn http://www.wachusettvillageinn.com/
                        Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; September 20, 2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

where you staying Friday night?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think Bruce and a couple from Michigan are both staying at the same place in Westminster, MA. Those of us leaving from the south and east are going to kickoff on Saturday morning, from Mt Wachusett this year (the Village Inn is only about 10 minutes away). If the weather is clear, we're probably going to take a short ride to the top of the mountain before we hit the road.
                          TJ, I am confused. I thought the "official" hotel for Friday night was Stratton Mountain Resort in Vermont. The Wachusett Village Inn in Westminster MA is at least 2 hours from Stratton. Please confirm the location of the "official" hotel Friday night
                          Thanks
                          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                            TJ, I am confused. I thought the "official" hotel for Friday night was Stratton Mountain Resort in Vermont. The Wachusett Village Inn in Westminster MA is at least 2 hours from Stratton. Please confirm the location of the "official" hotel Friday night
                            Thanks
                            So sorry Tom......... I saw your post over at NERR's forum and corrected it over there. I also just fixed my previous post on here.

The original info is the correct info. We will be in Stratton on Friday night and I think some people are staying in Westminster on Thursday night, just so they can join us early on Friday morning, eventhough we don't "officially" kickoff until Saturday morning.

This is why I always keep "official" the trip days the same.... Saturday to Monday.... that way when I screw up, you guys can catch me and let me know I'm screwing up

Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention before to many people saw it and got confused. What day you meeting up with us this year?

Comment

I am at the Rodeway inn in Westminster on Thursday night
                              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2012 Northeast Rod Run
                              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Ok then, you are about .1 miles closer to Mt Wachusett than the others will be, who are staying at The Village Inn.

To put it in Canadian terms... You are about .160 kilometers closer

Either way, both places are only about 10 minutes at most (probably closer to 5), away from the mountain and you don't have to even go on the highway to get there. Westminster is a very small town with only about 7,000 residents living there.

You only have to take 3 rights to get there, with the third right being the parking lot. Just watch the sign for the parking lot when you get close. The parking lot is before the mountain (very small mountain). If you are driving and see the base lodge and lifts, then you have driven by the parking lot

Comment

Working...
                                X