My First Car......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Car......

Post up a picture of your "First Car". Not your parents car, your actual first car and share something about it. If you don't have a picture just tell us what you had and the story about it.

My first car was a '66 Impala that I traded an intake reseal job for the rolling body. I built a 327 and originally had a 3 speed. I raided the left over stock car parts and installed a Muncie 4 speed and 4.10 gears. It was a fun car, I was 16 years old when I got this car. The memory of my first Saturday night out with only header mufflers is still fresh in my mind.......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 200WINS; December 16, 2012, 07:22 PM.
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

That's a good looking car George I don't have any pictures of my first car,but I was 11yrs old and it was a 61 Buick Special 2DRHT that had a hood fire and burnt the wiring up my brother and I spent all summer re-wiring it with any wire we could find and got her running again great times. Thanks for the flash back time.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

No photo, but my first car was a '75 Camaro...picture the car from Transformers, but orange, slot mags all around, and a gaping rust hole in the rear quarter. 350/4-speed, ran well enough.

...and I was 12.

It was my birthday present, as I remember it. Basically learned donuts and clutch dumping in it.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

This i my first car that I bought with my own money, I was 20 years old, I did a lot of street racing back then and had multiple different engines in it from junkyard nitrous'd 350's to the 406 that is in it now...... It sits now for almost 20 years due to life getting in the way, along with interests in other projects that came along........ It's my first car and I will finish it one day......

Comment

Its the only car of mine that has gotten ink. It was in Car Craft's Reader's Rides section back in 09.

Busted my ass, planted sweet corn watered it and made sure the weeds were out, picked it and had it ready to sell the second week of June. Bought this car with my share of the money, despite the only thing dad doing was driving the tractor while we planted it, he took $1500 of the proceeds, leaving me $500. I paid $450 for this 67 Cougar. That was 1982, I was 13 years old.

This is how it looked in June 1986.

Started a paint job in July 1986 and it sat just like this until 2006 when we pulled it out of the shed where it had been through two stints in the military, and years working on other projects and living in other states.

Here is how it looks after painting it in 2008. It was a bare shell, fixed the minimal rust and a whole mess of nasty dents. Got rid of the vinyl top, filled in the holes, then stuffed a 351C 2V in it with a C4 behind it. Still doesnt run, been concentrating on other cars again (mainly the 65 GTO), but it should be running sometime before I die. Been a damn long time since I drove this car.

Comment

no pics but it was 1950 Meteor
            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
            2012 Northeast Rod Run
            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Unfortunately, No pictures. 1963 Impala Convertable, white over white with red interior. I bought it when I was 15 in 1968. The 283 was blowed up. A guy that was 18 at the time had a 66 Chevelle, 327, 4 speed and had centerpunched a really big tree. No one died except the car. Picked it up for cheap. Transplanted the engine and trans and had my first car to drive to school. Drove it until I was 18 joined the Army. I have no idea where it is now.
              Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; December 17, 2012, 05:16 AM.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

For some reason my photobucket account is giving me problems today.
                Here is my '66 Chevy II SS.

I had knocked on the door a few times and the guy didn't want to sell it, until one winter day it was sitting in a frozen pond up to the hubs in the guys front yard. WITH A FOR SALE SIGN ON IT. I went up and knocked again, and he laughed and told me I could buy it, but I wouldn't get it out until spring. I went home and talked my Dad into loaning me the money until I could go to the bank, and came back with a tow strap, pick and axe, and worked on it all day until we finally were able to drag it out. We litterly draged it home because the brakes were frozen. I worked on it all winter until I was able to drive it to school my Jr year.

I ended up selling it to pay my Dad back for a camaro I had to have, I don't know what I was thinking because I wish I had that one back today.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Easier for me just to link to the thread I have on here:

Last edited by Bamfster; December 17, 2012, 06:08 AM.
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

1965 Malibu 283/3on the tree/ OD
                    rusted out frame at cowl killed her...

Last edited by silver_bullet; December 17, 2012, 06:19 AM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My first car was, surprise....a mustang, of course. it was a hand me down in college, from my brother. every time i drove thru a puddle, i got a bath. so i bondo the holes in the floor and put in blue shag carpet and installed an 8 track. it had an inline 6 that every once in a while, would be sitting at a light and the valves would hang up. sold it for $150.00 and was glad to see it go.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	65 6cyl auto.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	865685
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

1947 Chevy coupe. Bought it out of junkyard with blown engine for fifty dollard that I earned primming tobacco for 25 cents and hour. Bought it in September of 1961. Took me almost a year to get it running. I drove it through high school, and for abour two years after I finished. Like lots of people I wish I had it today

PS If you know what primming tobacco means I am impressed!!!!! LOL
                        PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                        1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
                          1947 Chevy coupe. Bought it out of junkyard with blown engine for fifty dollard that I earned primming tobacco for 25 cents and hour. Bought it in September of 1961. Took me almost a year to get it running. I drove it through high school, and for abour two years after I finished. Like lots of people I wish I had it today

PS If you know what primming tobacco means I am impressed!!!!! LOL
                          Is that like de-tassling corn maybe ?
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

1964 Biscayne two-door sedan. I'd post a current picture of its "patina" but it makes too good of a shelf for Ford parts out in the shop . . . .

Comment

no photos either..
                              1974 dodge coronet sedan, 318.
                              less than 100k miles.
                              most I got done was getting it to run in the yard.
                              $2.65 an hour at a horse farm did not go fast enough to feed it.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X