A Thank You to Allen (CSTMWGN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thank You to Allen (CSTMWGN)

I want to thank Allen for taking his own time this past Saturday to go to Venice, Florida to do a visual inspection and test drive of a 69 Chevelle for me. The car is actually being purchased by a friend of Norb and myself. Glenn a member of our car club, saw the car on the internet and was going to take his son, another member of our club, and fly to Florida to look at the car before deciding to buy it. I called Allen and asked if he wouldn't mind taking a look at the car and without hesitation he said he would be glad to. I put him in touch with the owner and on Saturday, he did a full inspection (including undercarriage on a lift) and test drive. He gave me a very detailed report which I passed on to Glenn. Based on Allen's report, he is going to purchase the car and have it shipped, saving a bunch of money on air fare and car rental. Glenn intends to do some work on the car over the winter (front and rear suspension, new rear gears, etc...) to get it prepared for possible participation in HRPT 2013.

Allen demonstrated once again what a stand up guy that he really is.

Thanks Again,

Jim
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

I'll second that -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Jim,

Awesome story!! I can't tell you how many times I've called Allen for help/assistance on Jade..... The last time being when I built the dual ram air intake system for her.

I couldn't agree with you more...... Allen is a stand-up guy and a keeper for sure!!
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

Truly a Great friend and BS'er....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

He is the MAN when it comes to great people..So I'll second all of this..But does he really know how to inspect a Chevy...
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Yeah, that Allen is one great fella!! Merry Christmas Buddy!!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

That's funny Rett.

The real answer to that comment shows what a person Allen is. The first thing he said was that he wasn't a Chevy guy and wanted to know if I knew the places he should check on the Chevelle. I did have that info because I have assisted in the restoration of a 68 and a 69 in the past. Someone else (Not BSer's of course) might not be humble enough to admit that they don't know everything about all cars. I certainly don't have the market cornered on knowledge. If someone asked me a Ford question they would get the deer in the headlights look.
              Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; December 24, 2012, 11:28 AM.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Yeah, that Allen is one great fella!! Merry Christmas Buddy!!
                Thanks for the compliments (even if some of you might have your tongue firmly embedded in your cheek).

I really hope that I didn't miss anything significant - it looked WAY better than some of the advertised pristine 66 Fairlanes I have looked at around here.

Comment

Its good to have friends!! Everyone I have met since joining BS has been great. Looking forward to meeting you Allen and many more.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

good for you Allan
                    nice to have people who can help
                    Last edited by 55lincoln; December 25, 2012, 11:26 AM.
                    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2012 Northeast Rod Run
                    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

they don't call him hero bangshifter for notin

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Great story. What a guy!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

No surprises here. I agree totally ^^^^^^^^^.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I Know!
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I guess we need to let Allen lead the pack next time.
                              Kudo's to our great group.

Last edited by Bigbuds1; December 25, 2012, 10:11 PM.
                              Living the dream!

Comment

Working...
                              X