No announcement yet.

Veterans Home Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving NW Arkansas early the morning of the 31st. We will try to make it to the show but I'm not sure we'll get into town in time to wash the bugs off. Is it OK if I bring the bug splatters with me ?

Comment

Of course it is Dean - it's a Show N Shine - remove bugs on site. See ya soon -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by RSRXION View Post
        Leaving NW Arkansas early the morning of the 31st. We will try to make it to the show but I'm not sure we'll get into town in time to wash the bugs off. Is it OK if I bring the bug splatters with me ?

That just proves its not a Trailer Queen Dean....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          Of course it is Dean - it's a Show N Shine - remove bugs on site. See ya soon -
          Or don't! Usually by about the third stop I am saying "screw it if someone doesn't like it". Remember, there are no rules other than to get your card punched at each stop in order to gain entrance into the long hauler event. Remember, it is your vacation. And that is really the beauty of it. Participate as much or as little as you wish. Go to morning drivers meetings if you feel like it. Take whatever route you choose. Stop or sightsee wherever you like. And if you do not have a good time, guess who's fault it is............? That's right.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
            Or don't! Usually by about the third stop I am saying "screw it if someone doesn't like it". Remember, there are no rules other than to get your card punched at each stop in order to gain entrance into the long hauler event. Remember, it is your vacation. And that is really the beauty of it. Participate as much or as little as you wish. Go to morning drivers meetings if you feel like it. Take whatever route you choose. Stop or sightsee wherever you like. And if you do not have a good time, guess who's fault it is............? That's right.
            El Caminos were made to be driven, bugs and all !!! They don't show to bad on Blue Streak anyway, they blend into the blue color.
            PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
            1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
              I agree - some days I don't mind keeping it clean - others days - I leave it dirty. usually a rain mid-week (like Champaign last year) helps me decide Mike.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

We will not be in town in time to make it this year, the girls are not happy with me for that, but the Day job is not letting me go until Late Thursday Night this year.
                Besides, I will likely end up driving my company car (2012 Cruze) Not as good as my '72 Catalina or '85 T/A... But we will see you guys in Arlington, Peace and safe travels.
                God Bless you for doing this for these fine men and women that we all owe so much to.
                -Mick
                HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
                "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

Any progress on details?

Comment

We only have a week if we need to gather stuff up... Magazines, games, T shirts, Hats..whatever..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Sorry guys but the day job has taken a turn and is getting in the way. I should have directions today or tomorrow. As far as donations they will accept the usual toiletries, magazines, reading glasses (Rett), popcorn (unpopped), etc. This site has been blocked on my computer at work so I can't get on in the middle of the day like I'm used to.

Ken and I will be getting into Dallas Thursday night and have to head back home right after the VA show so this is a turn and burn trip. See you all soon!

Linda

Comment

OK gang, here's the address and directions.

Meet at 4500 South Lancaster Road, Dallas, Tx. 75216 at 12:30 until 3pm.

Parking lot #1 is reserved for us. Enter off Lancaster then turn left into parking lot #1.

Weather.com says 86 degrees on the 31st and cloudy skies, so hopefully the bad storms will stay away.

See you all there!

Linda
                        Last edited by 1cheapstreet; May 22, 2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I'll work on the glasses, but I may not be able to get them at such a short notice. We leave in Wednesday..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Comment

Whatever you donate will be great, Rett.

Linda

Comment

Va visit.

Linda, things are looking good for the glasses. The guy who donates them told us he wished he had more time. He can get us anything we ask for. Thank you Jim Sutton.
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Comment

Linda, what hotel are you guys in thurs nite?
                                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                                X