No announcement yet.

Veterans Home Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Linda, we will be there also. Same type of donations as last year? See ya soon
    Susan G
    HRPT 95,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,07,09,10,12,13
    Long Hauler 98,99,01,02,04,07,09,10,12,13

Comment

Glasses donation all set

Rett and I will pick up a 100 or so "reader" reading glasses Saturday afternoon, potentially sun glasses and t-shirts too.

** I've been quiet he on the FORUM but reading all your post. I'm so friggin' excited I was able to work things out and accompany Rett for my third year with all the BSers. I think my wife is as excited to get some time away from me. See you all in a week.
      [size=+1]Chuck
      2011 HRPT Long Hauler
      2012 HRPT Long Hauler
      2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
        Linda, what hotel are you guys in thurs nite?
        Mike, I just booked the HIE on Randol Mill Rd for Thursday night. We are leaving around 4am and driving straight through to Dallas. Doing the VA visit then turning around and heading back home for a cruise night Saturday and graduation on Sunday. Then I start a new job on Monday the 3rd. Lots of windshield time over 3 days! See you and FSK in Dallas.

Linda

Comment

I wished we could make it in time. Our military themed ( 1st Division) car gets a lot of comments from Veterans.
          sigpicThe Big Red One Chevelle

Comment

K&L....would like to try and catch you at randol mill for breakfast early fri morning....Maybe?
            we can be in town by 8-9
            Last edited by 173rdherd; May 28, 2013, 04:34 AM.
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquitebean View Post
              I wished we could make it in time. Our military themed ( 1st Division) car gets a lot of comments from Veterans.
              cool name for a cool car!
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Mike, call us Friday morning when you get in. Breakfast sounds good!

Linda

Comment

Linda - hope to get to see y'all. I'm at HIE on Randol too. I'm in my '55 this year. It's been a while...Jody
                  sigpic

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks for sharing. We've been thinking of everyone.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

Thanks for the pix Ed!! We are really missing you guys!!
                        keep us posted!!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thank you Ed. m Wish I could have been there. See you in B-ham.
                          OH YEAH
                          Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Where are all the Veterans ?

Comment

We wondered that too....had mostly staff come out........just a few vets.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

68 hours away from home, who cares how many miles traveled & how much gas was...having the best friends around start their vacation a day early just to make this VA visit a success...priceless. Thank you all so much!

Steve, it is difficult to find a facility where we see a great deal of veterans. This facility was the main VA location for north Texas. On a side note, we did a drive through for vets confined to wheel chairs that could not make it to us. It was absolutely gratifying to see them smile.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                                X