Veterans Home Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Home Visit

Are we going to do a visit to a local Vet's Home Friday before the start of Power Tour this year ?

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
    The visit will be Friday May 31st as close to 1pm - 3 or 3:30 pm.
    Linda
    Last edited by Monster; April 5, 2013, 12:32 PM.
    Phil / Omaha

I'd say more than likely if Sis is going, but she usually doesn't start planning/contacting the VA until Feb or Mar.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

She "said" she's not going this year though.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        not even for the start in Dallas/Arlington?.......anyway, we need her, she does all of the research for the local VA facilities wherever the PT starts......rexx!

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          What!
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We all know girls always change their minds..And YES, we need you Linda, yea you too Ken..
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Agreed!!! The start of the PT wouldn't be the same without Linda and the Car Show for the Disabled Veterans....
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

I hope she changes her mind - it's certainly her perogative - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k - just ask Bobby.

If memory serves me right I think it had something to do with grandson's baseball tourney I believe.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments about needing me (us)! We aren't planning on PT this year because of the distance and Ken only gets 2 weeks vacation. It's really tough on the budget to take almost 3 weeks off and not get paid for all of it.

That being said, I would be happy to line up the VA visit like I did in Little Rock when we didn't go that year. I would just like someone to be the contact person the day of the visit to meet w/the VA staff.

Give me a couple more months to even contact a facility. As soon as I have information, I will start a thread and have my buddy Whitemonster make it a sticky.

Linda

Comment

Your the Bomb Linda.... and you too Ken...

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
                      Your the Bomb Linda.... and you too Ken...
                      Thanks Linda & Ken !!
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Bump
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

thanks Linda what would we end ken do without you

Comment

I will be in contact with the VA hospital in Dallas to see if they have a recovery unit that we can visit. While last year's visit to Detroit was good it isn't what we are used to. We only saw visitors and some doctors not patients like in years past.

If they don't have something that will work, I have found a veterans home like the one in Daytona Beach but it's a couple of hours north of Dallas.

Give me your thoughts, please. Thanks!

Linda

p.s.-sounds like we will take a couple of days off and come for the VA visit.
                            Last edited by 1cheapstreet; April 3, 2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
                              I will be in contact with the VA hospital in Dallas to see if they have a recovery unit that we can visit. While last year's visit to Detroit was good it isn't what we are used to. We only saw visiters and some doctors not patients like in years past.

If they don't have something that will work, I have found a veterans home like the one in Daytona Beach but it's a couple of hours north of Dallas.

Give me your thoughts, please. Thanks!

Linda

p.s.-sounds like we will take a couple of days off and come for the VA visit.
                              thanks, Lin.....I know some folks have been asking about a VA visit for this year's Power Tour; me, I'll be in the Dallas/Arlington area by Wednesday; the VA visit, if on that Friday, depends I guess on when folks are planning on arriving into the Arlington area.......please keep us posted....rexx
                              Last edited by rexdogg; March 29, 2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X