Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w7s
    replied
    a quick gear swap monday pack it it up on the road next thursday

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Earl's A/C is re-charged, the oil leak seems minor, but still of unknown origin........I think after an oil change and a wax he's ready.

Leave a comment:

• mike327
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

must be a gal
    . Funny how that works....

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by mike327 View Post
    We done a software upgrade for the EFI, changed the exhaust, changed the alternator due to it making a noise. All of a sudden it decides its not happy any more and decides to start running rough. New fuel pump, plugs, cap, rotor, compression test, leak down test, thermostat, injectors tested, fuel filters, map sensor, and lots of time going over the tune. Well! All of a sudden it decides it’s happy and starts running like it should. Guess it just need/wanted a little time and money throwed at it.
    must be a gal

Leave a comment:

• mike327
    replied
    We done a software upgrade for the EFI, changed the exhaust, changed the alternator due to it making a noise. All of a sudden it decides its not happy any more and decides to start running rough. New fuel pump, plugs, cap, rotor, compression test, leak down test, thermostat, injectors tested, fuel filters, map sensor, and lots of time going over the tune. Well! All of a sudden it decides it’s happy and starts running like it should. Guess it just need/wanted a little time and money throwed at it.

Leave a comment:

• 67ragtop
    replied
    Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
    Friday evening we fired up the Smurf blue engine, after pre lubing the oil and fuel systems, it fired immediately and sat there and idled, High 5's all around. Saturday we drove it 140 miles to a car show in South Carolina and Sunday we drove it another 160 miles to a Pro Mod drag race also in South Carolina. I guess we go to South Carolina to get away from the mud slides that have claimed 3 lives in the past week with in 7 miles from our house and it is still raining and will be for 2 more days.

Now I can go back to looking at the count down thread.
    I got mine running friday and drove it 350 miles so far. Going to change oil at 500 miles and we are ready to hit the road. Its a 383.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

were you able to sort out the ignition issue?
    Well, the Cutlass went home Saturday night on the back of a wrecker. It was in Michigan and Donna and I were in Ohio. Keyla worked on it yesterday and it turns out the $200 Powermaster starter that we put in it 2 years ago, crapped out again. Keyla is planning on working on it next weekend if we can get a replacement starter.

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf587
    replied
    Friday evening we fired up the Smurf blue engine, after pre lubing the oil and fuel systems, it fired immediately and sat there and idled, High 5's all around. Saturday we drove it 140 miles to a car show in South Carolina and Sunday we drove it another 160 miles to a Pro Mod drag race also in South Carolina. I guess we go to South Carolina to get away from the mud slides that have claimed 3 lives in the past week with in 7 miles from our house and it is still raining and will be for 2 more days.

Now I can go back to looking at the count down thread.

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf587
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

were you able to sort out the ignition issue?
    After diagnosing, we found the float on the center carb was intermittently stuck closed (usually they stick open) Thank you ethanol. AND they want to increase it to 15%

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf587
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Excellent news John.

I still don't have AC
    AC.....shhhh.....don't tell Kathy!

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf587
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Good Skill John!
    Thanks Allen, I had help from my friends.

Leave a comment:

• Damon23
    replied
    I'm a oil change away from being ready. The new champion radiator works very well.

Leave a comment:

• Jesse James 80
    replied
    How did the fire in the hole go John??

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I have an inverter somewhere. Haven't seen it in a long time. I know where the case is. I am eyeballing a blower motor resister on ebay. May or may not get mine to work. I tested it when I changed out the heater core and the fan worked.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    I have a older converter box I take to car shows and run a fan sitting in my chair. It will last about 4-5 hrs on slow speed. It will charge cell phones also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X