Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Oil change radiator flush and a good look over and cleaned up

Leave a comment:

• Jesse James 80
    replied
    Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
    Up until last Wednesday I thought all the olé Goat needed was a wax job. Tracking down an engine noise I found I need a new crankshaft and main bearing cap. Pretty much a complete overhaul! I need to send the replacement crank out for polishing and balance. The block and cap will require a line bore. Timewise those 2 jobs are out of my hands. I can for see some late nights coming up in May.
    ​​​​
    Oh no!

Leave a comment:

• tomicdesu
    replied
    yeah, i'm yanking the CB. though it works as well as a radio from 1962 ever did, it's probably more of a liability than asset. yeah, my car is too loud too, wind noise if nothing else. simple is better. thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• A BAD SS
    replied
    Replaced my ignition cylinder on the column and now My turn signal and flasher fuse continues to blow. .What gives...So now it's wire tracing time from the column.....possible pinch somewear...

Leave a comment:

• A BAD SS
    replied
    Originally posted by tomicdesu View Post
    i need a roof. working on that now.

hey, so i'm driving an open roadster, no doors, not lockable. i'm not worried about HRPT event security or problems, but motels. i have a lockable trunk but i can't prevent people from climbing in. obviously i don't leave anything in the car but wondering about random experiences in random motel parking lots on the tour.

does any one use CB on the tour? i have a 60 year old vintage CB (HUGE. TUBE RADIO. stealable?) i'm wondering if i should bring, or leave home.
    Hotel Security is normally not a problem. Most guys are out in the lot just lounging out. Drinking and talking til the wee hours in the morning. And as the other guy said, u won't b able to hear those walkies while ur driving....in our group, we normally text or call the lead guy to say pit stop 4 gas or potty break...

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I think security at night will depend entirely on where you stay. Some hotels provide security, some don't. We use the little hand-held walkie-talkies, but most of our cars are so loud they barely work. Primarily we use the 'see and follow' method. The tour breaks up and small groups travel together, so everybody in that little group will usually, USUALLY, need a pit stop around the same time, then of course, there are the ice cream shops.................

Leave a comment:

• tomicdesu
    replied
    i need a roof. working on that now.

hey, so i'm driving an open roadster, no doors, not lockable. i'm not worried about HRPT event security or problems, but motels. i have a lockable trunk but i can't prevent people from climbing in. obviously i don't leave anything in the car but wondering about random experiences in random motel parking lots on the tour.

does any one use CB on the tour? i have a 60 year old vintage CB (HUGE. TUBE RADIO. stealable?) i'm wondering if i should bring, or leave home.

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf587
    replied
    Up until last Wednesday I thought all the olé Goat needed was a wax job. Tracking down an engine noise I found I need a new crankshaft and main bearing cap. Pretty much a complete overhaul! I need to send the replacement crank out for polishing and balance. The block and cap will require a line bore. Timewise those 2 jobs are out of my hands. I can for see some late nights coming up in May.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Thanks for the complements but those arms are the ones that were repaired and will not be going on PT. I have shipped them off to have new ones custom fabricated since they are no longer available from Art Morrison. I have been told I will have new ones in a couple weeks (plus shipping). Then will need to get them powdercoated before I can start working on the setup. I suspect it will take me a week to figure out the correct configuration and get the car squared up and aligned properly. I do all this in my garage and it takes me quite a bit of time to get it right

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    If anyone can give it a proper workout, it’s Allen. His wagon is one of the most righteous rides on HRPT!

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Looks like it to me. The arm looks strong enough........... Hope that's right.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    So does this mean the wagon is plan A again??

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Here is the repaired piece
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0442.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1199027

Another View

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0443.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1199028

Narrative went something like this:

Willow: What was that noise? Should I be worried?

Allen: No honey everything is fine it is just the lower control arm dragging on the pavement

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Yah, I'm hoping this works out well for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Good luck to you in your quest Allen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X