Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Got EFI kit in and car started but vent line leaked, got a new line. Computer has zero miles on self-learn and I just remembered the POS stick on weights fell off the left front wheel(too much tire slime?) That and no A/C or rubber in doors or windows. Looks like I will just take DD and go. Is anyone going to Chux Trux? I am headed that way shortly.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Forgot I won't have internet access once I leave home. Usually isn't that big of a deal. Just need all the addresses and whatnot so I know where to go and when. Coming home Saturday makes for a long drive to Iowa Sunday. But saves $$ I guess? Maybe it's the principle of being a cheap skate.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Bullet gets inspected and fueled tomorrow nite.....

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Earl gets new oil and filter tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    All I need to do is fire that mother up!!!

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I plan to head home after St. Louis too. I have to return to work on Saturday at 3am. I won't have time to go to KY. I usually only do two or three stops anyway. First time starting on day one.
    Got the el camino started with the new TBI setup. Only leak was the vent line from the tank. The rubber part was old and crapped out. I didn't change/check it because I thought it was perma-clamped onto the hard line. Oh well. I printed out my reservations.

Leave a comment:

• Cricket
    replied
    I'm in the midst of a PCS move, garage is already moved to WA state, but moved the car to the forward base in MO (Parent's place). I swapped in some factory repro bracketry spacers for the A/C to curb the throwing of the A/C belts that I had last year, and also swapped in a new top switch after the original died in Austin last year.

Other than that, I've got two shakedown runs on her and she should be ready. Running fine and the A/C is working well. (My two kids will be doing the first leg to IA this year).

I won't be able to make the Long Haul this year and will be breaking off after STL in order to get to WA on time, and should be within 3 hours of home base the entire trip, so hopefully all goes well.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
    I just had the same problem with the Pinto ended up frying the solenoid starter cables and battery and almost burnt the car down a couple of times.
    Cable touched manifold and the car died in the street. It was right in front of the house, so not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Safe travels.
    My S10 had that problem. It was really hard to start. Seemed like a dead battery but just had to twist key really hard. Anti theft!

Leave a comment:

• mike327
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Shakedown run today and all good.

That sure is a good looking car.,

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    The battery and starter are a year old and the positive cable is only a couple months old. It's going on the tour so it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    I just had the same problem with the Pinto ended up frying the solenoid starter cables and battery and almost burnt the car down a couple of times.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post

Check the ignition switch on the lower column. Had the same issue with mine...Switch was cracked and had a loose contact
    Thanks for the suggestion. Safe travels.
    Last edited by BluLightning; June 7, 2017, 04:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• A BAD SS
    replied
    Shakedown runs have been GREAT....It's time to "Pack & Roll".....We're going to leave Chicago heading to Arrowhead Stadium on the morning of Sat. June 10th @ 5am. Since it's 7.5 hours(505 miles) from Chicago, that should land is in Kansas just about 2pm..That will give us ample time to grab registration packets, apply Window stickers, fill out forms in Goodie Bag and head over to the vendor area..Let me no if you're interested in rolling along with our group...We can meet in the Walmart parking lot @ 4005 W 167th St, Country Club Hills, IL 60478...They are open 24 hours just in case you need to grab any goodies...A BP gas station is located a few blocks away for those needing fuel....

Leave a comment:

• A BAD SS
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Had the Cutlass out on Sunday all day. Parked it and then it wouldn't start. No crank so nothing when it was hot. Hooked up the jumper cables and it fired up. We'll be replacing the battery on Thursday so hopefully that fixes the problem.
    Check the ignition switch on the lower column. Had the same issue with mine...Switch was cracked and had a loose contact

Leave a comment:

Working...
X