Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    I changed the torque converter in the wagon today. The lock up in the old one quit working. All the transmission shops were behind, so I did it myself. This old man is tired.
    But the price was right !

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    I changed the torque converter in the wagon today. The lock up in the old one quit working. All the transmission shops were behind, so I did it myself. This old man is tired.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Mine needs another bath too -- 3 days of cleaning and waxing then 2 + days of rain driving to and from work.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    .....a good bath

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Nailhead and Mopar parts are high too. I don’t know what my car needs yet because we still haven’t got it out. The weather has just been crappy.
    Haven't had the Wagon out of the garage yet either. All the basics check fine in the garage. Oil change tomorrow and then maybe a few warm up miles. The road trip from Sioux Falls to home last fall was enough wheel time to prove the car is ready for the Long Haul. There's a few minor changes I'd like to make, but nothing that's necessary for the trip.

Leave a comment:

• BlackVic_P71
    replied
    It runs and the new brakes work, but since it's all new front suspension...it needs an alignment, and it's difficult to drive.
    I need a tune, and that is happening next week.

Leave a comment:

• SNWBLL
    replied
    Joining this thread late, but things are moving along...
    Recent action:
    New wheels/tires, gear change with Eaton posi install, leaks fixed, dented fender replaced.
    Still needed:
    New carpet install, wet sand new fender and polish whole truck, new bed cover install, and of course, fill up both tanks!

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Nailhead and Mopar parts are high too. I don’t know what my car needs yet because we still haven’t got it out. The weather has just been crappy.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Being a Ford guy - I would have thought you would have grown accustom to premium pricing
    True. You should see what they want for flatty parts.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

I was looking at headers but apparently, people that make headers for Oldsmobiles, think they're made of gold.
    Being a Ford guy - I would have thought you would have grown accustom to premium pricing

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Think ZOOMIES
    I was looking at headers but apparently, people that make headers for Oldsmobiles, think they're made of gold.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Well, I thought we were ready. I found out the exhaust manifolds were cracked and warped. New manifolds on order and we should have them tomorrow.
    Think ZOOMIES

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Well, I thought we were ready. I found out the exhaust manifolds were cracked and warped. New manifolds on order and we should have them tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    C10 is back to being reliable. It was the pickup coil after all.

I finally moved on to get the A/C working. :D

Not sure if this will work well, but it's cheap enough that it was worth it.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post

If I can't get the C-10 reliable in the next couple of weeks, maybe I'll swing on the Squire so we can have a woodgrain party. Our cars are practically twins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X