Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_093231.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	839.2 KB
ID:	1190675Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_141030.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	928.9 KB
ID:	1190676everything! 110 days to go... what could possibly go wrong??

Comment

• I worked on the Impala and cleaned out the garage today. 75* here today! Man it felt great.
      I installed a shroud on the Impala and it's doing way better than I thought it would, sitting still with ac on high and it never got over 190*. No electric fans on at all. Just the stock 5 blade with hydraulic fan. I also installed a air dam under the front end.
      When I cut the car off the electric slow speed fan kicks on and even further cools the car down for about 1 minute. It's set at 180* are so best I can tell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28279599_1601638743276692_2011776122842032895_n.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1191277

Attached Files
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
        Since “A” only has a small chance of being ready, which means everything. Plan “B” needs spark plugs, wires, radiator flushed, new windshield, and a spare tire. For some reason it was optional on 5th gen Camaros. How can a spare tire be an option?
        They wanted to save weight....
        69 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post

They wanted to save weight....
          In lots of cases, the wheels are staggered so a spare would only be a spare for the front or the back. Learned the hard way that replacing on the road is expensive and not so easy

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post

In lots of cases, the wheels are staggered so a spare would only be a spare for the front or the back. Learned the hard way that replacing on the road is expensive and not so easy
            Diane - are you saying they run a different offset on the wheels from front to rear? WOW - and I thought my guys had a lock on all the better ideas!

Comment

• The spare tire in my cars that have a posi-traction are the same diameter as the rear tire to prevent posi-traction clutch damage if I have a rear tire flat.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• We would just call AAA.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• We put a 94 disc rear in a 78 two door Caprice so it had different bolt patterns front to back. My el camino spare was new when it was in that car but is from at least 2004 or so. Time flies. I got my Charger in 2013 and the elk in 2006/7 so I do get the urge to buy a new project once in a while. Really just need to finish the 71 I have now.

Comment

• My ignition cylinder took a dump. The key Just turns forward with no start. Had to drop steering column to get to ignition box to get it started...uggghhh...Now I gota fix it...
                    69 SS

Comment

• In 96 I had an 84 s10 and it had a problem with the ignition like that. It acted like the battery was dead but if you turned the key gorilla hard it would start.

Comment

• Found water in the oil on the beast yesterday so I would say a complete engine rebuild is in order.
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                          Found water in the oil on the beast yesterday so I would say a complete engine rebuild is in order.
                          Oh no! How’s the GTO coming along?
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Not a good thing for sure, Dave. Maybelline is a long shot at this point in time, and last weekend I looked under Ear's hood only to find a fine mist of oil has sprayed everywhere.......haven't had time to get it cleaned up and find the leak, sure hoping it isn't the front main........that leaves either the Corvette or the Camaro as our backup. The Corvette got to go in '16, so the Camaro is Plan "C".
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• GTO......interesting question, have discovered that the 1968 is a bustard year only parts from that year fit it. 1967 or 1969 will fit this car, can probably have it drivable for PT and Cars and Cones. I'll pull the motor in the Beast and get it to the engine builder shouldn't take long to go through it, just $$$$$ Filing a lawsuit against insurance company Tuesday over the sloppy paint job on the Banana boat follow the accident in KC last year. They couldn't match the paint, which I told the adjuster and body shop owner, and they didn't and on top of that they cleared coated what they painted, so I now have a 2 tone yellow car!
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Got steeing column out to have it rebuilt and took front QA1 shocks off to Get rebuilt. One had a leak..Shod B bak up and running next week...
                                69 SS

Comment

Working...
                                X