Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    Might as well do Wi-Fi while you're at it -
    Man this is enough! Oh I forgot, we have to put a line lock on it too. Donna wants to do burnouts!

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Might as well do Wi-Fi while you're at it -

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    What did you do boB? It looks like the Cutlass is gutless?
    Trying to make it less gutless! Converting from a Turbo 400 to a 200 4R, new stereo, new speakers, adding water temp, trans temp and wideband O2 gauges and all the assorted wiring and switches that go with that. One more good weekend of work and hopefully, it will be running again.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    What did you do boB? It looks like the Cutlass is gutless?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post

So the Cutlass just needs a tune up?
    I wish. It looks like the interior puked.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    This was the interior of the Cutlass this weekend.
    So the Cutlass just needs a tune up?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    This was the interior of the Cutlass this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I put UMI arms on the rear with a sway bar and Global West style knock offs from ebay on the front. It also has three point seat belts

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    started putting in the BMR suspension arms last night...found that we have to remove the exhaust again, and drop the rear subframe assembly... glad we are starting early...

Leave a comment:

• A BAD SS
    replied
    Stay tuned bcuz it's always something. Saw antifreeze on the floor 2day. Radiator pressure test revealed 45° Russell connector on water pump was loose. After tightening, problem solved....Then the brass fitting that holds my newly purchased oil pressure sensor was wet, so that "new" fitting has to be changed... A quik trip to Menards in the am & some teflon will cure that leak. ..Will have to road test 2morow or Monday is anticipated...The Fast EZ-EFI holds the idle perfect @ 900rpm's & A/F ratio right at 13.2....Just needs some drive time to see wear the new cam is most happy....Stay tuned 4 details to follow....LOL...😀

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Are you telling us to stay tuned or the motor? Sounds like good progress good job.

Leave a comment:

• A BAD SS
    replied
    Ok. Got motor, trans, rear end gear, exhaust and all the goods installed. Then, new caliper bleeder screws leaked. Then my temp AND Speedo took a dive. Ordered 2 new gauges. Temp gauge had a tiny broken sender wire. Old Speedo started jumping at idle. Only 2yrs old....hmmmmm. Then needed new ignition starter switch for lower steering column. It controls ALOT of electrical distribution. Car would crank sumtimes and other times, l turn the key and.....NOTHING....old switch housing was cracked....i couldnt figure it out until i started readsearching problem on the internet....Ordered new AC Delco switch for tilt column. Now just need to set timing 2morow and road test. Streets were too messy today. New motor sounds "HAPPY" ....STAY TUNED

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    I want to do the first stop with 71, come home and then do the rest with 08. How hard is it to switch cars during the trip? Arrowhead is the far side of KC/ MO instead of KS, but still only an hour or so from home, and I want to make at least one stop with el camino since I have failed three times already. Lets hope for cooler weather this year.
    I don't think it is all that hard. Some of use a clear plastic sign material (static cling) to mount our stickers on. If you can find me or Ed (or several others) I will give you a piece and explain it in more detail. We put the decals on the sign material and then can move them around on the windshield without damaging the decal. Should you do this you could put it on the 71 for Saturday and then switch it to the 08 for Sunday.
    Last edited by cstmwgn; March 17, 2017, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I want to do the first stop with 71, come home and then do the rest with 08. How hard is it to switch cars during the trip? Arrowhead is the far side of KC/ MO instead of KS, but still only an hour or so from home, and I want to make at least one stop with el camino since I have failed three times already. Lets hope for cooler weather this year.

Leave a comment:

• mike327
    replied
    It's looking more and more like the Fairlane will not be ready.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X