Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Does the new filter have a flow arrow on it? If not, you might try to swap it end for end. Could save you the cost of another filter.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Does the new filter have a flow arrow on it? If not, you might try to swap it end for end. Could save you the cost of another filter.
      I talked to my good friend this morning over breakfast. He is retired mechanic and is the guy who helped me build my 71 c 10. He told me to crank it up and warm up then hold the choke closed and work the throttle a few times to blow out the carb. On the 3 time doing it I herd it spit out something and instantly I could tell a difference in it running. I put the breather back on it and drove it with no filter and it ran great. So I put the filter back in it and it ran good again so I hope it all done now.
      silver_bullet likes this.
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Hope so!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

You don't need no stinking vacuum advance.
          Hope you’re right.
          Put a brand new Delco advance on today. Runs the same as the old one. Disconnected it, capped the vac line off the carb, runs better than ever.
          Gonna just leave it plugged and run it without.
          (then start saving up to put a Coyote under the hood)
          2003 Marauder (2014 short haul, 2018 long haul) | 1991 Country Squire | 2004 Crown Vic ($200 winter beater) | 1962 C-10 (father-son project)

Comment

Well I finished the exhaust on the Cutlass today. Other than washing and waxing, she's ready to go!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	pipes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	931.5 KB
ID:	1242955
            74NovaMan, moparjim71 and 2 others like this.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Gotta finish installing the front brakes, and get some miles on her before heading out. New shocks arrive tomorrow, gotta bend new brake lines since my originals decided to quit.
              mike327 and a_d_a_m like this.
              Long Haul 2012

Comment

Gotta finish installing the front brakes, and get some miles on her before heading out. New shocks arrive tomorrow, gotta bend new brake lines since my originals decided to quit.
                Just don't cheap out and not replace the wheel cylinders and then regret it later. Ask me how I know.

Comment

I installed the front brakes today, now to run a new rear brake line and fill the system.
                  BluLightning and mike327 like this.
                  Long Haul 2012

Comment

I installed the front brakes today, now to run a new rear brake line and fill the system.
                    Ooh, I see woodgrain!
                    BlackVic_P71 likes this.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

a_d_a_m and BluLightning like this.
                      Long Haul 2012

Comment

If I can't get the C-10 reliable in the next couple of weeks, maybe I'll swing on the Squire so we can have a woodgrain party. Our cars are practically twins.
                        2003 Marauder (2014 short haul, 2018 long haul) | 1991 Country Squire | 2004 Crown Vic ($200 winter beater) | 1962 C-10 (father-son project)

Comment

Working...
                        X